Connection (Ch178)

"Midoriya?!" 

Your voice was hoarse and desperate, hanging on the last remnants of your painfully snaped vocal cords to call out to the male, finding his body...alive...the only thing on your mind. 

You stumbled on broken legs, scraped at the rubble with broken fingers and sprained wrists, and wiped blood-stained tears streaking down your soot and cut covered face. 

Everything burnt and hurt, acid was eating away at your flesh and clothing with every staggering step you managed to take, you could feel the tension on your tendons snapping slowly, your voice box beginning to deteriorate. 

Everything hurt, ached, burned, scorned, broke and cracked with every second that slowly and horribly passed by. And yet, you refused to give up. You refused to stop, to stop moving or searching. You refused ts top fighting. You had made a promise to keep him safe, but most importantly, you made a promise to him

You promised him to stay alive, and you refused to give up on your promise. You will save him, you will save her and everyone else, you wouldn't make the same mistake you had, you refused to let that define you. You would stay alive, and you would see the one you loved again. I'll be damned if I give in to him. 

I, am Y/N L/N. I refuse to stay down. 

You sighed softly as you stared out the window, the soft swaying of the train beginning to move as you made your way to the far side and gripped the handle hanging softly from the roof, keeping yourself steady despite not necessarily needing the aid. 

You perked up when you heard the doors to the beside carriage opening, turning to find none other than Kirishima and Midoriya joining you, Tsuyu, and Ochaco on your current carriage. The redhead frowned, looking between you and the other two females. "Guys? What are you doing on this train?"

You bit your lip, smiling softly, before realizing you had forgotten about Kirishima and Midoriya's position. You remembered back to when you had spoken with Midoryia, the two of you coming to terms with what was happening. 

Midoriya rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and chuckled, flashing you a soft smile. "Y-yeah, about that..." You noticed the quizzical look you were receiving from Ururaka and Tusyu and sighed, nodding softly. "You two were called in for a meeting in Hosu, or at least, I know Midoriya was. After talking last night we realized our three agencies are involved in whatever this is, including our mentors."

Tsuyu frowned and raised an eyebrow, confused. "Why didn't you tell any of us?" You shrugged softly, becoming Kirishima and Midoriya to sit beside you, Ochaco and Tsuyu parallel to you. "Sorry about that, anyway. I was planning to let you guys know, but I kinda had a lot on my mind this morning..." You trailed off, getting small flashes and memories of what you had experienced in your sleep, the horrible dream that had awoken Bakugou, your heavy breathing and small whimper enough to startle your ash blonde boyfriend, as well. 

The female gave you a gentle nod of understanding, not wanting to push any deeper into what you had meant by your silently interrupting words. "Don't worry Y/N-chan! We all know now." Ochaco nodded, followed by Kirishima giving a frown. 

"Hang on, sorry but, does anyone actually know why we're all gathering together?" You looked across your shoulder and eyed the green-haired male as he gulped lightly, your eyes narrowing in slight confusion and concern. However, you decided to brush his actions off, doubting he would reveal what was bothering him in such a time and place.