You saved my life

I was only 15 when I found out I was pregnant.

Yes, it might have been scary, but really, I was just terrified.

It all happened during winter break, on my birthday. On December 27,2013, I knew this was it! I knew HE was going to rape me again and I knew I had to fight! But he was stronger than me. The only power I had was my voice, but that didn't work at the time. And I was raped by him.

I just got back from school, and I knew something was wrong. Everyday I wouldn't eat that much like before, I would look pale, and I would throw up every morning. That's when I realized,  HE didn't use a condom this time! I wasn't 100% sure I was pregnant, but it felt like it did. That's when I knew I had to buy a pregnancy test but how? I didn't have enough money to buy it. I asked my mom to let me borrow money for "lunch"  but she didn't give me any. So, I had to ask one of my friends that I really trusted to buy me a test and she did.

So I took it when I got home. 2 minutes later, it was positive. Then I felt this huge pain inside my chest and I just started to cry because I couldn't believe this was happening to me. And I knew I had to keep this a secret for a little while and started to think about what I'm going to do.

And a week later, I was walking down the stairs to go to my next class and then my teacher stopped me and said, "Hey, I was wondering if you can come by my class afterschool?  I need to give you some work that you missed while you were absent". And I nodded to her yes. And then she just smiled and left.

So afterschool I went to her class, and I saw some students there and I was going back outside until she said,"Sorry guys, I have to kick you out. I have to talk to her for a minute". And so the students left. She closed the door and told me to take a seat. And so I did. She started giving me worksheets and notes on what I missed and giving me extra days to turn them in to get extra credit.

Then she just gave me this look. A look that she was worried about me. Then she told me,"If you need anything, just come to me or your school counselor because you really shouldn't have to go through this all by yourself. Okay?" And I nodded and just left the class.

My mind just blew up. Just blew up into little pieces. She knew that I'm pregnant. She knew, but how? So I emailed her saying "Dear Ms.____, I was wondering if I can talk to you tomorrow morning or afterschool if you're not to busy". Then she replied, "Of course, just come by 5th period with a pass".

So I went to her class the next day and my heart was pounding so fast, I thought I was going to have a heart attack! She told me to sit down and said "Whats up?"  Then I said,"I think you know what".
"Yes I know, but I want to hear it from you".
"I'm pregnant and how did you find out?"
"There was something different about you? And one of your friends told me, which was a good thing" she said.

I was holding back my tears and said,"Please don't tell anyone, please I beg you!"
"I know you want me too, but I can't I have to tell the counselor that you're pregnant for your own safety".
"But the thing is, I was raped by my uncle. And if you tell the counselor about it, he will hurt me!" I said.

Then she goes on and says, "Okay. Do you know your options? There is 1.keeping the baby, 2. put the baby in adoption or 3.abortion".
"I already made my decision, and it's to have an abortion. I know it's not fair but it's for the best for both of us, best for me".
"If it was me, I would have an abortion secretly, not telling anyone" she said.

And that was what I was going to do.

Then we ended the conversation when she gave me a really long and tight hug. And I knew from there, she has my back.

She saved my life. I thank her so much!

          She actually saved my life.