Thirty-five, A kiss shared on the side of the road

Caine makes the engine of his car roar loudly, making the crowd cheer out of excitement even more. The opponent's car roars too, but nobody seems to hear it because they're too busy cheering for Caine. The race is about to begin, and I quickly take another sip from my drink.

When the girl with the red flags walks in front of the cars, the crowd goes silent, knowing the race is about to begin. The girl screams to both of the cars if they're ready to race as she holds both of the flags in the air. The engines of the cars roar to say they're ready to race.

"Alright, if everyone is ready, it's time to race. Let the best racer win this race and claim his victory." She says, holding the flags in the air. She smiles and waits for the shot in the air before she brings her flags down.

The race has begun.

Caine's black car is gone within seconds, followed by the light grey car of his opponent. Caine's car is faster than the light grey car, and Caine probably knows how to drift. If he can drift, he can maintain almost all of his speed in the bends. He'll most likely win the race.

Once they reach the end of the road, they turn quickly. Caine is way faster than the light grey car as he knows how to drift. The light grey car needs to lower speed to turn back, giving Caine a headstart.

Caine's car reaches the finish line first. The light grey car is a couple of seconds behind him but not fast enough to win. Caine wouldn't have let him won anyway.

His ego is too big for losing a race.

Caine gets out of his car, making the crowd yell and cheer out of excitement. He smirks widely, taking his victory with both of his hands as he walks towards Emily, the boys, and me. He gives me a short wink, and I can only smile.

"Good race, dude. You still have it in you, man. Thought you lost it over time. You haven't raced in a long time." Cameron says, giving Caine a bro hug. Caine laughs loudly before as he pushes Cameron away.

"You didn't think I would lose, right? I might haven't raced in a long time, but it doesn't mean I'm going to let some weak motherfucker win." He says as a skeptical look crosses his face. Ryan shrugs his shoulders while Cameron smirks.

"Well, you could use some practice again. You didn't drift as smooth as you used to." Jackson says, punching Caine softly as he smirks. Caine furrows his eyebrows and shakes his head out of disbelief.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I drifted perfectly fine and maintained almost all of my speed. I drifted the same way as I used to." Caine says, shrugging his shoulders. I take another sip from my diet coke as I follow the conversation.

"You miss it, don't you? The addictive feeling you get when you race. The energetic kick it gives you. I know you have been trying to forget about it, but maybe it is time to move on." Emily says, looking at the boys. She's referring to the car accident.

"If you think I'm spilling one word about it you're dead wrong. I'm trying to forget it, Emily. I'm not trying to relive all these memories. How long is it going to take for you to get the message?" I say it more vicious than I wanted to.

I know she only wants to help me, and she has been a huge help. She's the only friend who stayed by my side after the accident. She is always there for me whenever I need her help. She helped me a lot during the recovery. Hell, she spent almost every free afternoon she had with me, helping me to get over the traumatic situation.

I know she has the right to know what happened. She has every right to ask me, but most of the time she doesn't. She knows I don't talk about it. She tries to get me to face the damn memories and let them go, but I can't. I have to forget about it.