SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE

~ Chapter 19 ~ Supermassive Black Hole

We landed on a planet called Aeternum. A planet in the shadow sector of the galaxy.
The only building that stood tall was this old crumbling coliseum, well more or less an abandoned prison, that instead of rising up it only sunk down towards the center on the planet. It definitely had an illegal vibe in the air especially when every creature we would walk past eyed us up and down.  Probably think how quickly they sell our pelts for a good some of bolts.

Of course, we kept our eyes forward trying not to appear intimidated.  I wasn't sure about Ratchet though my guess he was feeling confident and completely calm, I was definitely feeling out of my element.   Even with all the training in the world, nothing could've prepared me for this.   Maybe a voyage outside of Kiada would've done the trick, but Brashir McCoy our esteemed leader never approved of out-of-planet missions.  Every mission or assignment anyone in the guard has had, save for those who were raised in Fastoon, were practically child's play compared to what I've been through in just a few days. 

No wonder all the elder's say life is easy on Kaida. 

As we neared the entrance. I couldn't help but take notice of  Qwark, who had disguised himself as a nurse.    

"Hey Ratchet, what's with the...?" I couldn't even finish my sentence from how flabbergasted I was.  Clank immediately began to chuckle as Ratchet groaned.   
"He thinks when wears a disguise nobody knows who he is." He answered.  But I noticed how exasperated he sounded when explaining all of this to me.  It was obvious...at least to me this hadn't been the first time Qwark had worn this voluptuous disguise.  No matter how ridiculous it looked.

"But it's completely..."

"I know. Believe me, I know." He sighed

We reach Qwark and of course, he's raising his voice so he sounded more feminine.  It was really hard to take him even remotely seriously, but at least he was 'helping' in a way.

"So Qwark what's this-?" I began to say but I was interrupted by Qwark nonetheless.  
"Who's this Qwark person you talking about. I'm Nurse Shannon little lombax that I've never seen before." I laughed fakely trying to contain my composure and my sanity, but my patience was already worn fairly thin. 

"Okay, Nurse Shannon" I sighed." What's this about a tournament?"
"Oh, I'm glad you asked. Rumors say that there's another lombax in the brackets somewhere. The only problem is many people know about Ratchet and Clank but you're ever-helpful Nurse Shannon has come up with a solution."
Qwark handed me and Ratchet a hologuise, as Ratchet called it.  It basically could change a person's form in a blink of an eye and their voice to.   However, the only drawback was you have to download a picture and audio file for it to work.   I could pray that Qwark had come through for us.   And for once my prayers had been answered.  Our appearances did change...
Ratchet was Mustachio Furioso.  Mainly Ratchet with a mustache.

I was Dan Johnson.
"The hell is this?" I asked looking at myself and noting to myself my young female was still the same.  My fur was replaced with pale skin. My clothes were replaced with a green shirt, jeans, and some weird pair of black shoes and I wore glasses. My gear was all gone save for a blaster.
"You are in the disguise of Dan Johnson. A human from a planet called earth. Who made techno music and raised cats." Clank told me as I continued to inspect myself.  It wasn't bad, I just had to make sure to be quiet so I wouldn't give ourselves away.
"Well, at least I don't have a mustache." I joked earning a pat on the shoulder from Ratchet.  Who tried to put on the suavest macho act I'd ever seen.  It was doing anything for me, but it make me smile and lighten my nerves a bit.