THE RETURN OF THE EMPEROR

The portal opened as more of Nefarious's crew brought a high-tech walking chair for him to use. No one was paying attention to me or Clank anymore. Not even Quinn who still kept her hand hovering over her blaster and eyes trained on the portal. Gears had kept her eyes still on her manicured nails paying no attention to anything. Taking my chance I took Clank's hand bringing him to me as I ran towards the others. Ratchet made sure to take my hand and bring me to him in a hug. It did nothing to the added guilt I felt. My risk, my plan, had backfired in more ways than one and at this point, I didn't know what else I could do.

'I'm sorry!" I shouted over the howling of the portal. "He-he would've..." Ratchet didn't allow me to finish my sentence as he grabbed my shoulders making me face him. I'm sure he was just as scared as we all were. Yet he made sure to remain firm and brave despite everything that was happening around us. Something else I had always admired about him.

"It doesn't matter right now, we need to get out of here! While we still have a chance." Everyone nodded their heads willing to run and live, whereas I had another thought in my mind. The Dimensionator...we-I couldn't just leave it. Not in the hands of supervillains, whose agenda we still didn't fully know. This too would be a risk, but a risk I could make. To atone for everything I have done up until this moment. Even if it meant the end for me. Ratchet had been the one who caught on to what I was looking at. Soon the others did too, but Angela had beaten everyone to the punch.

"Roslyn, I know you want to grab it, but now's not the time! Ratchet's right, we need to get out of here!" She was right, I'll give her that. The safest route would be to escape now with our lives, but they all had to see that I was right too. Getting the Dimensionator away from Nefarious was priority number one. Running away would only be a temporary solution. Eventually Nefarious, Tachyon, or whoever would keep the dimensionator will come after us. And once we were gone, who else could stand in their way. But rather than convey all of this to my friends I simply compromised.

"Then go without me and get to safety!" I ordered, watching all of their expressions turn to shock and worry."I can take it." I get out of Ratchet's hold on me facing Nefarious, who was cackling madly completely unaware of what we were doing.

"No..." Ratchet said making us all look at him. He comes to stand by me tall and determined. "We can take it. You guys get out of here, take Aphelion and get to the rangers and Sasha. Tell them what's going on. We'll rendezvous with you guys on Samus. "

The portal grew wider as someone was beginning to emerge from the portal. Moving quickly I hugged Kat and Flynn tightly being sure to put all my love for the two of them. I know they would be fine, but I was still scared for them.

"Take care of each other," I whispered in our native tongue.

"We will." They said returning my embrace. Kathryn and Flynn then swiftly hugged Ratchet and Clank while I embraced Angela.

"I'll keep them safe." She says to me, making me hug her harder. I knew she would do her best, but she too had to know I wanted her to be safe as well. If anything were to happen to her especially with everything she had been through...I would never be able to forgive myself.

"Keep each other safe, I can't lose you either, my friend." Her throat hitched as she tried to keep a brave face, but It was easy to spot the tears brimming in her eyes when she finally let me go. I was in tears too, but without saying anything we both silently agreed that we would meet again. I just hope I could honor it.

Quickly and quietly all three of them slipped out as more of Nefarious's army came in. I watched and even waited a little more until turning towards the portal as Ratchet did the same. We didn't have a plan or any idea what they would have in store for us. Regardless we would end up in a fight. And somehow hopefully it would end with us getting the Dimensionator from Nefarious and from Tachyon.