A FIRST STEP

Whenever text like this shows up that means it's someone thoughts.

Whenever text like this shows up that mean it's either a planet/location with the time or lombax being spoken.

Whenever text like this shows up that means it's nothing freaking special. (Except it's the story part, so it's kind of important)

~ Chapter 7 ~ A First Step

- Apogee Space Station - Morning Sometime

~ Roslyn's POV ~

I sat there staring at Samus completely repaired. She still kept her blue body, but there where some dents and scratches on it. However Ratchet had assured me it wouldn't be a problem. It had taken us nearly the whole night to completely fix her. Well really Ratchet because once I fixed the circuitry all that really needed to be done was to put her back together. I insisted to help, but once I nearly dropped a piece of Samus's body after Ratchet had just fixed it. He quietly took the piece from me and sat me down telling me to take a long break. I grumbled a bit telling him I didn't need to rest but once I closed my eyes I was out. When I woke up Ratchet was gone, a blanket was on top of me, and Samus was completely repaired.

I felt a hand poke my shoulder causing me to turn around and see Ratchet standing there with two cups that were steaming with the smell of freshly brewed coffee.

"I hope you like coffee." He said handed me a cup.

"Thanks." I smiled quickly before taking a sip testing to see how hot it was.

We sit for a minute both of us just letting a comfortable silence come between us.

Finally deciding to break it I ask a question.

"So how long was I out for?"

"I'd say at least three or four hours."

"Wow that's a long time." I say taking in a another swig of my coffee.

"Not really. You should've been resting yesterday and today."

I chuckle before taking another drink.

"Probably."

I hear him sigh as I set the mug down.

I walk away and climb into Samus's cockpit with Ratchet standing outside.

"You want to start her up now?!" Ratchet calls.

"Of course! I can't wait any longer!"

I hear him chuckle calling me a crazy as I start up Samus.

When her engine roared to life I jump out of the cockpit landing on all fours. Quickly I stand up and face towards her.

My voice shook when I finally spoke.

"Samus can you hear me?"

To me the question sounded like a cannon blast but in reality it was a silent whisper. I could feel Ratchet's eyes on me, but I never gave him a passing glance. Only a low hum coming from Samus's engine kept the silence at bay. I sighed in defeat believing that Samus was gone until I heard a low groan coming from the empty shell.

I called out Samus's name again in desperation. At first nothing acknowledges my voice, but with a clear voice Samus answers me back.

"Baby girl?"

I don't know when my feet moved, but I did know by the time they stopped moving I was hugging Samus hood laughing like a madman with happy tears falling down my face. When I finally let go Samus took notice of Ratchet.