One Fine Wire

~ Chapter 10 ~ One Fine Wire

I keep my eyes steady as I follow Ratchet inside of Samus. Samus of course has been trying to talk to me every since we've disembarked for the city Metropolis in the planet Kerwan, but I'm still fairly upset about her comments about myself and Ratchet, even though their's nothing going on between the two of us. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

After convincing Ratchet I was, when I wasn't, we went to go see Talwyn to see if she managed to find out where Slag and Rusty where. So far she had no luck. However she did have somewhat of a plan.

"How about you and Roslyn head over to Metropolis and ask Qwark to help out with the search?" Talwyn had asked as she kept her eyes on the screen. Ratchet,Clank, Cronk, and Zephyr seemed put off by the idea while I felt both for the idea and out of the loop not knowing who they where talking about.

"Tal...." Ratchet began but I interrupted him quickly.

"I'm for it." I said earning a grin from Talwyn.

"See Roslyn thinks its a good idea."

"Only because Roslyn doesn't know who Qwark is." Ratchet mumbled. Remembering Ratchet still held my hand I got out his hold and spoke my piece.

"I don't care if I don't know the person. The more people who help us the better our chances into finding my friends increase. Besides I trust you guys."

It took a little convincing mostly through Talwyn's part but eventually Ratchet complied. Talwyn, Cronk, and Zephyr decided to stay behind incase they finally located Slag and Rusty Pete.

So now we're up to speed. Everything so far was going to plan.

"Baby look I'm sorry."

Well almost everything.

"I told you I'm not upset with you. Now will you please just drop it." I said trying to keep my mind focused on Aphelion. But Samus was having none of my bullshit.

"Don't you go lying to me Roslyn Azimuth. I know you are upset with me and if you don't start tellin me the truth I swear to the great star ship heaven in the sky I'm goin to-."

"Okay okay so maybe I was a little upset." I said.

"Mmm hmm that's what I thought." Samus replied.

"But their's no point in staying upset with you Samus. You apologized. I'm the one's in the wrong here. Still please don't tease Ratchet and make him think I like him in someway."

"Well don't you like him?"

"I do, but not in the way you think. I like that he's been so kind to me and has gone out of his way to help me. But in the long run I've barely had a chance to get to know him."

"Well get to know him. I've seen the way that boy looks at you."

I roll my eyes not believing a word she says but reply anyway to her comment.

"But he doesn't know me either Samus. Hell he doesn't even know I'm an Azimuth and besides we both know their is no way I'm ever going to able to come back here and get to know him."

"Why's that baby?"

"Bashir McCoy." I let my answer sink in for a moment then continue. "The moment I return to Kaida with Kathryn and Flynn. I will be arrested and sentenced to death and then you'll sent to the scrap heap."

"Then don't go back baby." I smile at her, but shake my head.

"I can't do that to Leah, Kathryn, and Flynn. That's not fair to them."

She remained quiet for the rest of the voyage until we landed in Mertropolis.

"Then do me a favor and try to live before the inevitable baby girl." I heard Samus say before I hopped out of the cockpit. Indicating I heard I smiled before landing on my feet as Ratchet was jumping down from Aphelion's cockpit. Once Clank fastened himself Ratchet's back we where finally ready to go to see this Captian Qwark.

"So where to?" I asked Ratchet.

"Actually before we go see Qwark do you mind if we make a stop my apartment first?"

I smiled shaking my head.

"Great then just follow me."

I did as told and quickly followed Ratchet.

Once we reached his apartment I could tell Ratchet was defiantly a guy who didn't like staying in one place for to long. His apartment didn't have much sentimental things in the house. Honestly it looked like Clank lived here more than Ratchet did. Which was funny because it looked much like how my house did when I left home.

"Sorry it's kind of a mess when Talwyn called about you I rushed over to the space station as quickly as possible to bring her that nanotech for you. Let me just grab a few things then we'll head over to go see Qwark."

"It's fine. It actually feels like home to me."

"Really why?"

"To be honest this is about how my house looked like when I left home. Except for the unmade bed." I contained my laughter as he stood there seeming to be embarrassed. Trying to help him feel comfortable again I complimented him.

"But thanks again for coming to help me. I probably wouldn't be alive without that Nanotech."

He smiles at me then went back to grabbing the rest of the things he needed.

"I shouldn't take to much credit. Talwyn did most of the work. Besides your to stubborn to die."

I laughed immediately at his comment thinking about General Farron and how he once made that comment about me. Once I stopped laughing I was finally able to speak again.

"You know some else said that once about me and you know what I said? No I'm just stubborn in general." Ratchet and Clank started laughing then agreeing with the my words.

"You ready?" I asked after the two where finished laughing.

"You don't even know where we're going." Ratchet said as he nudged my shoulder lightly.

I smirk at him as I lightly punch his shoulder.