A BOND STARTED

~ Chapter 5 ~ A Bond Started

~Roslyn's Pov~

Apogee Space Station - 2:00 p.m.

I woke up this time for sure thinking I woke up in heaven because of how comfortable and painless I felt. I sighed in content as I stretched my arms and legs, but I then heard a chuckle causing me to open my eyes. When I opened them I looked into the same pair of green eyes that I last looked upon before I had passed out.  But soon my gaze shifted from his eyes to the lombax they belonged to.   To my surprise, he looked exactly like Kathryn, but then again almost all lombaxes do, save for a few like myself and Flynn. Upon further inspection, I realized his fur was more golden, rather than sandy like Kat's, while his stripes were caramel. 

He was smiling gently at me as I looked at him, but it's obvious he was the one who was laughing at me a few moments ago. I rise up to get a better look at him. He continued to smile gently.

"Umm hi. How are you feeling?" He asked as my eyes went wide.  

"He speaks the main language of this Dimension!" I thought completely astounded by this, but my thoughts are abruptly ended when I see him get up. He turns to me and points to the door saying the word Talwyn.

I realized what he was doing when he said Talwyn's name. He was going to get Talwyn, the Markazian from earlier, to provide a translation.  Meaning he...couldn't speak lombax.  

As quickly as I could I reply to his question.

"I'm feeling alright," I answered.  He stiffened as I spoke as he slowly turned around with a baffled expression on his face.   Quickly he came back to the bed I was on.   

"What-What did you say?" He asks as he sits down.  His surprised expression was still there but the twinkle of excitement that rested in his eyes said otherwise.  I smile gently at him as I answer. 

"I'm feeling alright. Thank you for asking."

Immediately his gentle smile turns into a huge toothy grin as he begins to laugh and I become confused as I'm trying to wrack my brain around his laughter.  Was my pronunciation off?  Or was I still a bit off from the meds and only imagined that he spoke in another language?  Still banking on the first question in my brain I spoke louder for him to hear me.

"Did I say something funny?" I asked.

He stops laughing long enough to answer me.  However, his smile now matched his twinkling star-like eyes.    "Not at all. I'm just really happy."

"You're happy?" I asked, tilting my head to the side, slightly confused by him.  

"Yeah, because we can both understand each other."

When he told me this I feel a smile cross my face as well.

"You're right. That is a good reason to be happy and I'm really sorry for attacking you. It's just I di-" He placed his hand upon mine stopping me from speaking any further.  My gaze shifted to our hands realizing he was more and more not like those back at home, at least the newer generations, including my own.  Rather he reminded me of the older generations who laughed and hugged like old friends part of one giant family. 

"You don't need to apologize. I mean I can understand why you would attack me and everyone else. You did wake up in a place you didn't recognize."

My shoulders slumped still feeling guilty.   I acted rashly and completely unprofessionally for that matter.  Even if I was scared I should've gained more information rather than trash their place.