HEADS OR TAILS?

~ Chapter 14 ~ Heads or Tails?
Merdegraw
Night time
Thanks to the tracker I planted we where able to trace the ship back to Merdegraw. I didn't know much about this planet, but through Ratchet personal experience of once visiting this place I didn't feel nervous. Hence why we were currently preparing for a halo jump out of our ships.
"Baby make sure you-"
"I know Samus."
"Oh and-"
"Samus! I've got it okay. This isn't my first halo jump, plus you can trace Ratchet though his nav-unit, plus we will stick together."
She remains silent for a minute before opening her cockpit.
"Just please be careful."
I smile softly patting her side before leaping off.
Once we land closet to hide in so we can out our plan into action. Since this was a quick save and get the hell out kind of mission we spared no slips ups. So Phase one: Clank slips through the air vents until he finds the containment unit.
"Be careful Clank." Ratchet says to him as he walks into the air vents.
"You as well Ratchet, Miss Roslyn."
Once he was out of our sights we both sat down playing the waiting game.
I hate waiting just as much as I hate not knowing something.
Ratchet could tell since my knee was bouncing up and down we waited. Smoothly Ratchet placed his hand over my knee to stop it from moving. I look at him then at my knee then back at him.
"Sorry I'm just a bit anxious."
He chuckles but gives my knee a slight squeeze.
"I know you are, but don't sweat it. We have a great plan."
"I know I just don't like not knowing what going on."
"Were you like this when Clank and I left you in Ardolis?"
I look away from him when I answered his question.
"No I was much worse." I said laughing a little. "Maybe I was overreacting, but when you guys weren't back yet I thought the worse had happened." I take out the pocket watch Leah had given me to give to her son and continue talking.
"Like how I can't help but think the worse for Kathryn and Flynn.
"But you're not giving up on them like you didn't give up on Clank and I." Even though Ratchet wasn't asking me a question I still nodded my head to his statement.
We were quiet for a moment until he broke the silence.
"Nice watch you got there."
"Oh this. It doesn't belong to me." I said holding it up.
"Who does it belong to?"
"Someone I've never met before. Better yet it belongs to someone I need to find."
I hand it over to him so he could have a closer look. As he inspects it he asks me another question.
"Do you know who this person looks like?
"No, but I know his name is Liam and he's has a family that is alive and is waiting for him."
He smiled for moment and then handed the watch back to me.
"Must be nice to have a family waiting for you."
"Don't you have a family?" I asked slightly confused.
He was quiet for a moment. Then proceeded to answer my question.
"They haven't exactly been around."
At first I didn't understand what he meant, but allowing my mind to process it immediately I felt remorse.
"I'm sorry I meant no disrespect." I apologized with voice high from my embarrassment. He chuckled a little saying it was fine.
"But I still should've been more mindful to-." He placed his hand over my shoulder to steal my attention.
"Roslyn I promise it really is ok and besides I'm fine how my life has been."
"You are?" I said slowly as he let go of my shoulder and returned to his sitting position.
"I mean there are some moments in my life I wish I could have changed but I don't regret all of it."
"Then I guess you and I share something in common."
I said leaning back against the wall of the closet closing my eyes feeling my anxiety slowly fading away.
"Ros-." Ratchet was about to say something until Clank's voice could be heard.
"I have found the location of the cell. I am sending the coordinates now to Ratchets Nav-Unit."
"Great job Clank we'll wait for you to get back and then begin with phase 2." I said.
"Understood."
It didn't take Clank to long to get back. Once he arrived both Ratchet and I were ready. My omniwrench was in my hand and ready for use and Ratchet was already in his hologuise as a robot pirate.
Once Clank had settled back to his usual place beside Ratchet I looked at the two with a determined expression.
"Ready?"
Ratchet got his blaster out and nodded his head.
"Ready."
With that said I burst through the door and began phase 2.
Raise some hell.