DEAD AIR

~ Chapter 12 ~ Dead Air

Stratus City ~ Nightime

When we arrived in Stratus City it didn't take us long to find Rusty Pete and Captian Slag. Especially when he was being attacked by these female warriors.

"What are the Valkaries doing here?" Ratchet asked as he took out his blaster.

"I don't know, but we need him alive. You two cover me." I called taking out my double sided wrench heading straight into battle.

"Roslyn wait!" Ratchet called out to me, but I didn't listen.

I stepped in front of Slag pushing him from a frontal attack from the Valkarie's attack. She was clearly stronger than me, but I didn't mean she was faster. Moving quickly I threw my wrench at her cause her focus to move away from me. Once her focus changed I set my attack into action. Jumping up I kick her face feeling her nose break and on impact. Landing back on my feet I see her knocked out. Moving quickly I grab my wrench blocking oncoming blaster shots heading towards me. I turn back to Captian Slag.

"You alright?" I ask him sidestepping away from another attack from a valkarie's axe countering with a double kick counter followed with me throwing my wrench at a another Valkarie killing her. When the wrench returned to me I grabbed it with ease.

"I'm doing much bettar now tha yer here lass, Captain Slag."

"Introductions will have to wait." I hand him my blaster.

"Where's your first mate?"

"Pete? Haven't a clue."

"Poor guy must've been captured." I thought turning on my hoverboots. Turning to the Captain I tell to take cover.

"What bout me first mate?"

"Don't worry I'll bring him back in one piece."

"I'm going ahead! You guys do what you can here!" I shout speeding off.

~ Ratchet POV ~

"That idiot gonna get herself killed!"I thought watching Roslyn rushing off to help Slag. Keeping my blaster aimed making sure to provide Roslyn help, but honestly I think the Valkarie needed more help then Roslyn did. I watched with a shocked expression as she easily dispatched three Valkarie's with ease.

"No wonder she can pin my ass so easily." I think keeping other Valkarie's at bay from other citizens, Slag, and Roslyn.

"She's had years of training from professionals while I was self taught give or take a few weeks of training when I had to go get find proto-pet."

"I'm going ahead! You guys do what you can here!" I heard Roslyn shout as she turns on her hoverboots. Acting quickly I take out my wrench and activate a Mr. Zurkon trying to clear the area as quickly as possible so I could go after Roslyn.

"Roslyn is quite a fighter isn't she Ratchet." I heard Qwark shout at me.

"Well she was a Sergent of the Lombax Praetorian Guard." I shout back taking down the last of Valkarie in the area.

"I wonder if she's got a special someone back at home." Qwark mused to himself. I look at him with disbelief. Here we-well here I am busting my ass and he's thinking about dating.

"Even if she does I highly doubt she take a date from you."

"Why not I'm quite dashing and no lady resist these guns." Shaking my head I tell him to stay here and keep anyone from reaching the ship and Slag.