Tragic Beginnings

~ Chapter 1 ~ Tragic Beginnings

"Okay Nora push."

A cry of agony sounded throughout the facility. Causing a few bystanders to cringe at the sound, but no-one came to the rescue. For this sound was cry from a woman who in the middle of childbirth. Of course that didn't reassure the terrible thoughts that were swimming in the father's head.

He was sitting by the closed door where his beloved was delivering the new life they had created together. Though it had only been a little over an hour since the process began, to him it felt like a ongoing bad joke.

Another cry from his beloved sounded and again he cringed.

His head was down as he watched his thumbs twiddle.

Another cry and another cringe.

"Why does this take so long?" The new father thought. Then again he supposed he could be thankful.   While other's labor could take a short amount of time,  other's took way longer and were way more painful too.   And in rare the most unfortunate thing could happen...Death to both to mother and the child.    Which he prayed to whoever was listening wouldn't befall his beloved and their child.

"Not so easy now is it, pal?" A voice called out to the father. 

The man looked up to see his best friend.  A lombax with golden fur and caramel stripes smiled at the father as his emerald eyes sparked in happiness. 

"Kaden." The father greeted trying hard to smile. 

The two men greet each other with a hug.

Kaden sat down beside his long time friend and placed his hand upon his shoulder.

The father sighed.

"I'm just scared that both Nora and the baby won't make it." He admitted looking down at his shoes. 

"Hey I was too when the twins were born."

"How are they anyway?"

"Leah"s fine. She's asleep with the kids right now."

"I'm surprised your not with her."  

"She practically begged me to come see you when she heard that Nora went to hospital this morning."

This caused them both to laugh.

"How old are they now, the twins?" The father asked. 

"Two months. I know I can't believe myself. Here I'll show you a picture."

Kaden took out his pocket watch. When Kaden opened it the new father saw a picture inside of two lombax kits one with sandy fur, like their mother's and the other with golden fur, much like Kaden, both with caramel stripes, and bright green eyes.  

"Their beautiful, Kaden."

"And so will your daughter, Alister."

"Alister Azimuth."

The two lombaxes look up to see a brunette lombax with dark red stripes standing by the door where Alister's beloved was behind.

"Congratulations your a father now." The brunette lombax replied.

"Can I see them?"

"Of course, right this way."

Alister begins to follow the brunette lombax unit he realized Kaden was still standing there.

"Well come on Kaden."

"But Al this is your special moment."

"It's yours too since you are her godfather."