30

1 year later

January 10.
Dear diary,

I wrote a song named 'Stay in' when I lost my brother. He was in middle school at that time. I adored him very much as he was my little brother. After our parents' death. I don't know actually how. But, I think someone killed my parents. I had to look after him. But, I was small too. So, I couldn't give him much care. I think he somehow suffered from depression and commit suicide. My heart tears into pieces as I remember these. I wasn't a good sister to take care of him.

A boy exactly the name of my brother 'Lee Chan' came into my lab with his friends and he instantly reminded me of my brother. He even looks a bit like him. Is he my brother or I'm seeing things?

I wish my brother was alive. I miss him.

________________________________________________

I turned off Mee-sung's diary looking around the lab. It's empty. The place is also empty where she used to experiment on her projects.

"Hey! Since when did you start to daydream?" Seungkwan moved his hand in front of me making me snap into reality.

"Huh? Oh, nothing." I slapped his hand off from moving.

"Um..." He acted like he is thinking.

"What?" 

"UM!" He hummed a big 'UM'. How weird...

"WHAT?"

"Calm down. Why are you shouting?"

"I'm asking 'what'? Why are you kept humming 'um'?"

"Oh, I was thinking that you may think about Chan since you got close with him in weeks." He blabbered.

"I'm hungry."

"Hey! Did you read my book? I published it!!" Ha-min came and got excited all of a sudden.

"You did? They even accepted your book. Wah!" Seungkwan faked a surprise.

"Hey, I wrote it with hard work. You gotta read it! Many people liked it!" 

"OK. OK. I'll."

Some hour later

Ha-min brought his book and we were reading.

"Hey, it's quite good maybe. But, what's with the genre and name? This genre is looking like a comedy and with the name, 'Dark Nighy' I don't see anything dark. All is comedy and bright..." We were giving a lot of excuses and Ha-min's face was ...

"Shut up! It is a success that everyone liked it!!" 

"They 'liked' it. It was past. They don't like it now." We kept mocking him.

"You added our story too!"

"Yeah, I wish Mee-sung was here too. She would definitely mock me but would see my work which is done well." Ha-min said and we nodded quietly.

"Are you free this week?" Wonwoo asked coming from nowhere.

"Yeah. Why?" 

"We are planning to go on a trip," Hansol said and we suddenly looked up at him brightly.

"What? Trip? It's been a long time since we went to any trip. Where are we going?" 

"We're planning."