07 | conflicted

"The most dangerous animal in the world is a silent woman smiling."

Third Omniscient Point Of View

______

-two months later-

As the days turned to weeks and weeks turned into two full months, Thandeka seemed to be getting closer to Qophelo rather than her own husband. They hung out together and she even enlisted his help with the projects she had decided to take on.  She was helping children in the community. She donated to orphanages, hospitals and schools. It wasn't only about money but food, clothes and toys too.

Thandeka was happy, she very much concluded as she watched the children in the orphanage play with the new toys she'd bought for them. It warmed her heart seeing their glowing faces. She had seen nothing but despair the first time she decided to help but now its like they were never unhappy.

"Princess, look at my doll'th hair! Tho beautiful. She lookth like me." One of children Thandeka had gotten close to was Mmalo, who was a beauty. She was melanin and had the most beautiful afro which was currently in a bun. She was the cutest human being with the kindest personality. The orphanage was just amazing at taking care of the children.

"I see, Mmalo. What name did you give her?" Thandeka kneeled next to the five-year-old and smiled kindly.

"Princeth." Her smile was missing two front teeth but she was still adorable. Her lisp was even cuter. "Like you." She eyed Thandeka shyly.

"That's a beautiful name, Mmalo. I think I should name my doll, if I ever get one, Mmalo, because she'll be as beautiful and kind as you." Mmalo was dark but Thandeka could tell that she was blushing. She leaned and kissed Mmalo's cheek.

"Thank you Princeth." She also kissed Thandeka's cheek before running along to play with the other children. Thandeka could hear her almost bragging that she was going to have a doll named after her. She laughed internally.

"You really are fond of the children, huh?" An elderly woman commented as she stood next to Thandeka. Thandeka nodded, glancing at her. She recognised her as one of the woman who took care of the children in the orphanage.

"Very much. I've always loved the demeanour they possess. The innocence and curiosity. Not knowing what kind of world we live in. The need to absorb and learn. I just love it." She said, getting carried away. "I'm just rambling."

"It's okay, Princess. We really appreciate what you do for these children. Ever since you arrived, the children are as happy as ever. They have clothes and are well fed. They even have toys to keep them entertained. Before you came, this was not a happy place for them. Especially for the old ones who know the reasons as to why they are here."

Thandeka looked at the lady curiously. "What were the Royals doing for them?"

"Nothing but occasional money. And even that wasn't enough to provide for them. They felt that they weren't part of the community since they were dumped by their guardians." She cleared her throat taking Thandeka's hand. "Princess, please don't forsake us. Many can agree that you being here will change our lives, for the better."

The elderly woman's words had heavy weight to Thandeka's heart. She was happy that they were accepting her and her ways of doing things. She did want to change the way things were done in the place. She felt it was unfair with the way they treated the people who supported them. The more she got to know the Nkabinde's, the more she felt that something more sinister was going on with them.