18 | confessions

"Don't depend on anyone in this world. Even your shadow leaves when you're in darkness."

Third Omniscient Point Of View

_____

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️

Amukelani smiled at her phone, texting Siyabonga back.

[Amu] He's not home yet. I'm busy cooking though.

[Siya] oh. I don't like how everytime when I'm texting you, you're cooking for him. In the morning, afternoon and evening. Are you not tired of slaving around for him? Don't you want to get a job?

[Amu] he treats me well okay? And besides, with no qualifications, I really won't have anything out there.

[Siya] how about I hook you up with something? It'll be a bit far from where you are but it pays good.

[Amu] you mean you're going to get me a job in the village with you?

[Siya] if you're okay with it of course.

[Amu] I'd love that! Although, I have to discuss it with Trevor.

[Siya] if this Trevor is as good as you make him out to be then he must allow you to better your future with this job. You're not getting any younger, my queen.

She blushed. Siya always called her his Queen  and it brought a smile to her face and a light blush. She felt butterflies everytime she spoke to Siya and confused her because she never felt those things with Trevor. Sure, she enjoyed his company and the fear she had for him diminished but she felt like she couldn't say she loved him anymore.

She liked someone else, and that someone wasn't Trevor. She didn't know what to do because ditching Trevor for someone she met just weeks ago was not the logical thing she'd do. The devil you know is honestly better than the devil you don't know.

But if she was being honest with herself, she deserved this. Depending on Trevor till old age was not in her plans. She wanted something for herself and Trevor really couldn't deny her that.

[Siya] but please just remember that he doesn't own you. You're your own person and he shouldn't control you.

Amu smiled.

[Amu] definitely will keep that in mind. 😋

[Siya] tell me how it goes. I'm looking forward to seeing your pretty face again😙

[Amu] I can't wait to see you too.

The door opened just as Trevor entered. She smiled, getting off the green app and approaching her man with a smile. "I'm making something special today and I have news," was her greeting to him.

Trevor leaned down to kiss her but she gave him the cheek instead. Things were getting a bit awkward in the bedroom for Amukelani ever since she had talked to Siyabonga. She didn't feel as comfortable having sex or showing affection to Trevor and it was irritating him. Trevor gripped her jaw and turned her face to him, giving her a deep kiss she couldn't get out of.

"That's how my greeting should be, okay? I don't know what's up with you lately but it better stop today with your special meal and special news." He said, letting her take off his jacket.