20 | betrayal

"Make no mistake with someone's personality and attitude. Someone's personality is who they are, someone's attitude depends on who you are."

Third Omniscient Point Of View

_____

Qophelo ran quietly in the streets of the village. The gravel sand crunched under his trainers as he ran his way to his last known location of Nomakhwezi. He had a gun with him and he knew how to use it. He never knew that he'd kill this woman one day but he felt like it was inevitable.

According to him, she didn't deserve to live. She didn't deserve to breathe and continue living while she had actively destroyed a life. A life that would've done so much good in the world. A life that would've brought people joy. Amukelani had a purpose and Qophelo knew in his heart that she deserved far more than what life had given her.

From shitty parents who only cared about their images to care that they were abusive and neglectful parents. No one around them did anything to protect them from the abuse, and Amukelani had felt it was her responsibility at a young age, to take them out of the life they were living.

Qophelo, at least, owed her the cold evil woman's soul on a platter. He hoped in his heard that Nomakhwezi would burn right in the pits of hell. He hoped she suffered the most brutal torture, a torture that never lessened but rather intensified every passing second.

The house looked run down. It was falling apart, but for the junkie that had become Nomakhwezi, it was normal. The death of her beloved husband ruined her, and so did the villagers anger when they found out that they were involved in a human trafficking scheme. But they didn't do much because she was still breathing and smoking crack like she hadn't ruined their lives.

Well, Qophelo was here to remind her of what she had done, and not only that, but find every bit of information about Trevor before she took her last breath. And if he had to be brutal about the process, then so be it. She deserved nothing less.

She wasn't here. Qophelo sat down on the cool floor to clear his head. He was still burning with fury and the need to cause destruction and damage was immense. He gritted his teeth as he thought of where she could be. She had no one in the world, so where could she be?

Somehow, deep down, Qophelo knew she wasn't dead. He couldn't explain that feeling except for the fact that he wanted to be apart of her death.

When he had calmed down, he got up and started the run back to the royal house. By the time he got back, there was light and a few guards were patrolling the yards. He rushed to his room to start his day. Although he felt exhausted, both physically and emotionally, he wanted to just move on from what he planned to do.

But he still was set on his goal on making Nomakhwezi pay for what she had done.

_____

Thandeka Ndaba

As the days further passed, I noticed a change in Qophelo's behaviour and attitude. He was a lot more protective, quiet and aggressive towards other people. I didn't know how to deal with him, so I chose to give him space rather than push him to talk to him.

Coronation was in two days. Since Qophelo was not paying attention to me, I focused more on the coronation. Attention was on Zweli and I. Our outfits had to be ready, we had to practice our dances, our speeches, the decor had to perfect, the food and invitations too.

Although coronation was an event where everyone was invited, dress code was important for people who were close to the royal family, not just the relatives. Phumzile was here and she was acting all friendly with me, maybe she wanted some favours when I was Queen.