♠ Chapter Thirty-Six♠

Chapter Thirty-Six

Alessandro:

Nahampas ko ngayon ang manubela ng sasakyan while too annoyed of Franko's ringing tone—like the f*ck! Ba't hindi niya sinasagot!?

Palipat-lipat ang tingin ko sa kalsada while redialling the call. Iniwan ko ang mga scheduled conference ko just to follow Ace.

Then finally the call had accepted. "The hell, where's Ace? Pabalik na ba kayo sa bahay?" Pinigilan kong hindi ito mapagalitan—Franko's heavy breathing was too evident at hindi niya rin ako sinagot ng diretso.

"S-Sir.. I got h-hit.. We w-were a-ambushed.." W-What?! Sumikdo ang dibdib ko—and Ace!? What happened to Ace!? I accelerated the speed like a lightning bolt—tinahak ko ang daan patungo sa mansion.

"Send me your definite location, Franko and hang on, I'm coming, please secure Ace!" F*ck! I send a red alert to Ija and his team—damn it! Pinahahururot ko ang sasakyan ko ngayon sa gitna ng public highway.

The very same feeling I felt when I saw Ace's note the day she left three years back. Agonizing like f*ck!

***

Umalingawngaw ang sirene ng police mobiles at ambulance—two were dead in the other car and glad Franko was able to hold his breathe. Pero para akong mababaliw thinking they took Ace! Hindi ko man lang alam kung may sugat din ba siya or what before those bastards took my wife!

Yes, she is my wife and I won't let her slipped away this time..

"B-Boss, si Miss A-Ace.." Pilit pa rin itong nagsalita kahit nasa loob na ng ambulance.

"Ija's tracking the device you placed on her necklace—we got her location and I knew, you protected Ace, Franko." Tinapik ko ang braso niya as I closed the ambulance back door. Patungo na ang mga tauhan ni Ija sa location ni Ace at susunod na ako ngayon with the police swat team.

We'd been tracking those bastards pero ngayon lang nagparamdam—this organization was one of a hell notorious group. They exactly knew how to toss a game—but unfortunately, I accept no defeat.

Ace, hold on..

Ace:

Naninigkit ang mga mata ko ngayon—of course, I was not born to be underrated, not now that everythings' clear to me.

"You really don't know me," Nakatuon ang mga mata ko sa kanilang dalawa at alam kong meron pang mga bantay sa labas ng kwarto, but my mind was becoming swift and tranquil—I was alone here.

"I made you, Ace—kilala kita," Mula sa kamang kinauupuan ko, I quickly rolled down the floor para sipain ang paa niya. I held his other arm where he was holding his gun—sabay tuhod sa kaniya.

"I made myself," Nabawi ko ang baril sabay tutok rito—he laid on his back and was too shocked how fast I toss the game.

Pero malakas lang itong tumawa—his devious laugh when I felt the hard cold edge of Erik's gun touched my nape.

"Any last words, Ace—for the last time?" Wala akong ibinigay na kahit anong emosyon—if this was my last time, isasabay ko siya!

"Hope we don't see eachother in the afterlife, Nelson—kasi gan'to pa rin ang gagawin ko sa'yo." I was ready to pull the trigger pero bumulagta nalang bigla si Nelson—Erik shot him.

Why!?

"He's my target, Ace." I didn't even blink. I was still staring at Nelson's body, even made sure to check his vitals—yeah his dead.

"If this stunt was true, then I owe you a lot." Hindi na buo ang tiwala ko rito—just like Alessandro to me.. Binawi niya ang baril na hawak ko.

"I worked with the government's intelligence." I looked back saka niya ibinigay ang kaniyang ID. Erikson Vil Galle. Pati mga tauhan sa labas ay tauhan din pala niya—we left the building saka pa lang dumating ang mga pulis.

***

"So, you'll send me to jail?" Of course, saan pa? The organization I worked with for years was highly notorious and he did a good f*cking job here—parang ako lang ha? He pretended for over a year para masubaybayan ako while temporarily having a loss memory.. Na hindi ko rin inakala..

"I'll be sending you in a safe house, Ace. For proper interrogation, 'wag kang mag-alala hindi ka makukulong." Why was he protecting me? He said that habang nakatingin sa'kin through the car's rearview mirror. Hindi na ako nagsalita pa—kumusta na kaya si Franko? I saw he was shot! This was entirely my fault kung ba't pa ako nagpumilit lumabas ng mansion..

And Alessandro?

Was he now happy that the annulment papers had been signed?

Well, parte din yun sa naging kasunduan namin noon when I worked with him—I agreed to his conditions. Everything's clear to me now.. I think I had no right to feel such..