Chapter 23

Y/N's pov

Y/N's pov

I was looking up at him, he was breathing heavily as well, as if he was running exactly like I did...

The moment our eyes connected, I knew what he was trying to say.

I nodded my head immediately and Jungkook removed his hand from my mouth.

We could hear the man's footsteps getting closer and closer.

I tried calming my heart, but I just couldn't, I felt terrified.

Jungkook managed to calm his breath a lot quicker than me.

We could hear the man slow down, he was walking now, his footsteps getting closer and closer toward us.

Jungkook got even closer to me, his hands are on either side of my head.

Somehow, being trapped between his arms, made me feel a lot safer.

Thankfully after a while, the man's footsteps started to fade away.

Jungkook took this as an opportunity to get even closer to me, his voice was the quietest that I have ever heard.

"We are going to run toward my car,

Got it?"

My heart started beating faster, my stomach started to flip.

It felt weird, him being this close to me.

At the same time, I felt so nervous and afraid.

Terrified of that man, of what his intentions are.

I just nodded my head, I couldn't even let a word out, I felt like I couldn't speak.

I just ran from that man a second ago, I thought he is going to take me.

Jungkook glanced toward the sound of the footsteps that started getting far and far away away from us.

I was looking up at him, again his tattoos were very visible to me.

I couldn't stop myself from being curious.

I wonder what made him get those, I wonder if they mean anything to him.

Gazing up at him, I didn't notice Jungkook's hand slowly grabbing mine.

I immediately looked down to see his hand, now holding mine, his grip tightened.

His eyes still wandered between the trees.

"Now!"

He started running, pulling me along with him.

His hand holding mine even tighter than before, my hand held his, trying to catch up to him.