The start of something new

Ash had entered the large city with hopes of winning the Kalos league, he walked off the plane seeing the massive skyscrapers and the large tower in the middle of the city, his wonderment at the wonderful city could barely be contained, on his left shoulder was his long-time partner pokemon Pikachu, he walked around the streets which seemed to have circled around the tower, seeing the many sites that the city had to offer, talking to strange people who seemed very friendly and the strange new pokemon that seemed to be everywhere he could view, "wow Pikachu, have a look at those strange pokemon," Ash pointed over to the goat like pokemon, he noticed a person riding on the back of the pokemon and stared in shock, "and they are being ridden," Ash stated in awe, he turned around to see a few more people riding on the back of the strange new pokemon, he pulled out his old pokedex and scanned the new pokemon, "oh forgot that this pokedex doesn't know anything about these new pokemon," Ash commented with a chuckle.

After visiting the tourist sites Ash tried to find his way around the mammoth city, trying to look for the Pokemon Center, he was getting lost, unable to find the place he was looking for, "how big is this city?" Ash complained with a frown while looking around his right shoulder only to see a coffee shop and a bar, he dropped slightly from exhaustion until another person riding on the back of the strange new pokemon arrived, "excuse me, do you know where the Pokemon Center is by any chance?" Ash asked the person with a tired smile.

The young male teen who was wearing a green shirt, blue shorts and black shoes stopped next to the trainer and smiled at him, "yeah of course I do, I am heading there now," the male trainer stated with a grin, he pulled out his pokeball and called out another of the strange pokemon, "Gogoat, let's go," the trainer said with a proud grin.

"Gogoat?" Ash wondered out loud while looking at the mostly brown pokemon, he placed his right hand on the new pokemon and started to climb on hesitantly.

"Oh come on surely you have seen a Gogoat before," the teen chided the older trainer, "these guys are really friendly, they are cheaper than any car you see around you," he stated with a proud grin.

Ash got onto the back of the riding pokemon and the two started to ride towards their respective destination, "I admit this is my first time here, so I have never seen these pokemon before," Ash professed with a nervous smile.

"So where are you from?" the teen asked the young man.

"I am from Kanto," Ash replied while holding onto the horns of the Gogoat, "my name is Ash Ketchum," Ash introduced himself while nervously riding the powerful pokemon.

"My name is Trent, I am from Vaniville Town, where I started my journey." The teen known as Trent introduced himself happily, "you know it is easy to get lost in this city, but luckily the people are friendly enough to point you in the right direction," Trent explained with great pride, as he looked around to see a large building with a red roof, "ah there it is," the teen pointed out with joy.

"So this city if is so large, how big is the region?" Ash asked with a nervous look.

"Well this region is so big it takes three maps to cover it," the younger trainer retorted with a smile, "this city branches out towards other towns and cities all over the region," the boy explained while getting ready to jump off his pokemon, "north of this city is Vaniville Town, and that is about two days walk from here," Trent told Ash with a smile.

"So the local professor would have a new pokedex for me there?" Ash asked with a knowing smile.

The younger trainer nodded in reply, Ash leapt off the riding pokemon with Pikachu on his left shoulder, "that's right, but I have to suggest that you get some rest, I will lead you to the exit of the city that leads to Vaniville Town," the young trainer suggested while showing the trainer around the large medical facility.