Down to Earth

Ash walked around the Santalune City gym to find that the walls in the main foyer were filled with photos from the young gym leader, "wow this place is really cool," Ash complimented the gym leader.

Viola smiled proudly at her works, "yeah, it has taken me years to get this wall filled up with my favourite pictures," Viola replied to Ash who was looking at his pokeballs for the next battle, "by the way I specialise in bug type pokemon," Viola reminded Ash. The gym leader turned her attention to Ash who was looking at his pokeballs wondering who he was going to battle with, ignoring the two women who were heading towards the gym.

Ash looked around and started to wonder about the pictures, "you know buddy, I haven't even got a picture of Serena and me," Ash lamented. He quickly rushed to the battlefield entrance and started to get more escited about the battle, "so the pokemon I will use are Tyrunt and Frogadier," Ash reminded himself while his partner pokemon grew a little upset about his trainer's choice. "Don't worry Pikachu, I will let you in one of my next gym battles," Ash promised the small electric mouse before turning his attention to the gym leader who was ready to face him in battle.

"Alright, this battle will be two on two, my first pokemon will be Masquerain," Viola called out her first pokemon while stating the style of battle to Ash.

"A Masquerain, okay, Tyrunt I choose you," Ash called for his fossil pokemon with great confidence.

"I will start things off, freeze the battle field with Ice Beam," Viola quickly instructed her pokemon. The eyeball pokemon started to fire a beam of ice into the air, the powerful beam started to rain down on the battlefield causing it to freeze over.

Ash gasped at what was happening, his pokemon dodged the beams of ice, 'I need to do something, I am at a disadvantage here,' Ash thought while trying to come up with a plan for the battle, "Tyrunt use Rock through to smash the ice," the challenger ordered his pokemon hurriedly.

"Not good enough, Masquerain, stop his pokemon from shattering the ice with Enrergy Ball," Viola instructed her pokemon to attack.

Ash gritted his teeth knowing that his pokemon was in danger from being knocked out without landing an attack, "use Earthquake now," Ash panicked. His pokemon tried started to smash the ground with incredible force, the powerful dragon shook the ground making the ice field shatter, the shards of ice leapt into the air causing the bug type to take a hit, preventing it from using Energy Ball, 'that was close,' Ash acknowledged.

Viola smirked at the trainer seeing his skill first hand, "now bad, but there is still ice on the field, again cover the field with Ice Beam," the gym leader countered again.

"Not this time, Tyrunt counter with Rock Throw," Ash ordered his pokemon while trying to remain calm. The small rock type unleashed a powerful burst of rocks hurling towards the bug type pokemon.

"Defend with Ice Beam now," Viola ordered her pokemon quickly, the bug type changed the direction of the frigid beam and pushed the rock type attack back towards the dragon pokemon.

"No, Tyrunt cannot move," Ash hissed while the beam of Ice broke up sending the beams of ice in every direction, 'this isn't good, Viola is much better than anticipated,' Ash thought while trying to get back in the battle, he was thrown off balance by the strategy of Viola and her battling style, "Tyrunt, use, I don't know what to use," Ash admitted to himself while Viola started to giggle at the trainer's expense.