Parfum palace and the new challenge

Ash walked away from the Pokemon Center a day after his battle against the gym leader, it was a clear day with no breeze, his Pikachu leapt on his shoulder, starting his journey back to the town where the Snorlax was blocking the road, "you know buddy, I certainly hope Snorlax isn't there today and we can recommence our journey to the Kalos League," Ash explained while walking towards the city exit, he looked back to see the skyscrapers and the large tower. Ash walked out of the city for a second time wondering what to do next, he pulled out his map and looked at the roads towards the other cities, "well, I guess I can go to Cyllage City," Ash commented before almost falling over after someone crashed into him.

"Ouch," a familiar voice cried out.

Ash turned around to see Serena on the ground landing on her bottom, "well if isn't my cute rival," Ash said with a cheeky tone.

Serena looked up to find Ash extending his hand out to her, "thanks Ash," Serena replied while taking her rival's hand, she got back to her feet and smiled at her friend, "I wasn't able to go too far on the eastern road," Serena commented with a smile.

"Yeah, I wasn't able to get too far on the western road, because of a Snorlax, but I did get a Voltage Badge," Ash replied proudly as his partner pokemon leapt off of his left shoulder and on to the ground, "so how did you go Serena?" Ash asked with great hope in the blonde haired trainer.

"I also got one badge, the Bug Badge from Santelune City," Serena retorted with her left hand clenched.

"So where are you going next?" Ash asked the young woman.

"Well it seems like I will be heading pass the Parfum Palace, hey I have an idea, what about for now, we travel to the palace together?" Serena enquired with a hopeful grin; she walked ahead of Ash and waved her right hand out in joy.

Ash started to laugh at himself knowing that he was going to travel to the palace for the first time, 'maybe that situation with Snorlax was meant to happen,' Ash thought, he walked quickly towards the city's exit and followed Serena, it was the first time he would be able to talk to her about her ambitions.

After catching up with the less experience trainer Serena turned her attention to Ash, "so Ash, about earlier, when I bumped into you, what you said," Serena asked while gulping for a moment, she looked up to see the small road heading towards the suburban town of Camphrier. It was then that she thought about the moment she hurt herself in the forest, "you know Ash, when we were kids, I hurt myself and you helped me out," Serena explained the past to Ash.

"I did? Man my memories aren't all that good," Ash replied much to Serena's surprise.

Serena looked at the ground and started to think of a way to remind Ash again of their childhood, she pulled a small bit of cloth from her pocket and showed it to Ash, "see Ash, this was the same bandage you wrapped me knee with," Serena pointed out while smiling at the small items.

Ash inspected the item and a small bit of memory appeared in his mind, "yeah and after that I helped you back to Pallet Town," Ash stated with a smile.

Serena nodded and smiled with great joy as she walked into the town with Ash, "also, there is something else Ash, we were holding hands," Serena pointed out much to Ash's surprise, he couldn't remember too much, he was too focused on the fact that he was going to be a pokemon master at that time and was thinking about his building rivalry with Gary, "but I know you, you had this little rivalry with Gary right?" Serena asked Ash who was now feeling ashamed at forgetting his past.