Ash's icy challenge

It was mid-afternoon and Ash had woken up after a bad nights' sleep, thinking about what had happened the previous day, he sat up to see that his Pikachu wasn't in the room and that he was alone, a thousand thoughts rushed through his mind, but they were all soon replaced by another thought, leaping out of the bed he got dressed and walked out of the room and into the hallway, "The Kalos League isn't far off," Ash reminded himself, he looked over to find Pikachu, Piplup and Dawn in the main foyer eating lunch, "if I head to Hoenn, what do I do? I never thought of what would happen after this journey," Ash whispered to himself, finding out that he was in the same situation as Serena was in at that very moment, 'now I know how Serena feels,' Ash sighed as he entered the main foyer on his own.

"Good afternoon Ash," Dawn playfully greeted Ash.

"Afternoon? What time is it?" Ash asked the blue haired coordinator.

"About two thirty in the afternoon," Dawn replied as she grabbed some more pasta.

"Why didn't you wake me?" Ash asked his former travelling companion.

Dawn looked over to Ash's partner pokemon then to her Piplup, "well, you needed your sleep," Dawn made her excuse to Ash, she placed the pasta in her mouth.

"I have a gym battle today," Ash argued with his friend.

"Yeah I know, but it is better if you at least have some sleep," Dawn commented as she grabbed another lot of pasta to start eating.

"What time did you wake up?" Ash asked the bluenette.

Dawn smiled broadly but looked away with a certain amount of shame in her disposition, "I woke up at eleven," Dawn replied innocently.

"I am getting something to eat," Ash declared coldly, he walked over to the counter and ordered his lunch.

Dawn noticed how Ash was feeling a little upset, "you know Pikachu, something is wrong, he might not be able to say it out loud, but I can tell," Dawn told the electric mouse pokemon, she watched Ash ordering his meal, feeling guilty for what happened the day before, 'I shouldn't have said anything,' Dawn thought to herself as she got up and walked away from the table.

Ash walked back with a curry, he took a seat away from the table that Dawn was sitting on, on his own, thinking about what to do next, 'I guess, I was so excited about the Kalos League that I totally forgot to think about what to do next,' Ash thought to himself, taking a fork full of the spicy food. The trainer continued to eat his food, slowly with the spice not even bothering him, 'Serena has Pokemon Contest and Gym battles, what do I have?' Ash continued to lament his current predicament.

Dawn walked up to the table that Ash was sitting on, a concerned expression washed over her face knowing that Ash wasn't being himself, "Ash, I am sorry for what I said yesterday," Dawn apologised to her former traveling companion.

"That isn't the problem Dawn," Ash retorted while looking away.

Dawn tilted her head, trying her best to figure out what was going on, "so what is the matter Ash?" the bluenette enquired.

Ash put the fork down and took a deep breath, "Serena has Pokemon Contests and gym battles, even you have a goal," Ash stated everything that was going on, "but…" Ash started as Dawn sat at the opposite side of the table.