Respective gym leaders

Ash looked back on the road breathing a sigh of relief after being chased by a group of large bear like pokemon, his partner pokemon looked back to make sure that everything was alright, he looked around to see the scenery that had dominated the area, his breath taken by the beauty that was before him, large trees lining the roads and the many different pokemon walking around in the fields and near the tree line, "wow buddy this place is amazing," Ash mentioned with a smile while walking slowly through the route.

Ash pulled out his pokeball seeing the new addition in his team, "Pancham ha? Well I guess we have a new road to forge," Ash told himself proudly

Ash walked through the small town, with a large castle in the background, "interesting, this place seems to have a lot of history," Ash commented before being approached by a guard, "seems like there is something wrong," Ash stated while looking up to the guard.

"There is, we cannot let anyone through, there is a Snorlax in the way and the Parfum Palace is closed to the public, so the Pokeflute is out of our reach at the moment," the guard stated with a frown, Ash looked at the ground with great shame, wondering what to next, the experienced trainer looked to the major road that was being blocked by the Snorlax, he turned around and started walking back to the major city, "don't worry sir Parfum Palace should be open in the next few days," the guard called over to Ash with a smile.

Ash kicked the dirt and started to leave the small town, "great, now I am going to fall behind, Serena is going to have her first badge before me," Ash complained while taking the long walk back to the big city, "well if the gyms are three on three, then I better get one of my old pokemon, might go with Gible, I haven't trained him in a while," Ash thought while walking back to the city.

Ash continued on the road to the major city with the hopes that there was going to be a gym leader there, thinking about what his next cause of action was. The trainer approached the outskirts of the major city and looked at the map, "okay so the centrepiece of the city is the gym, the Prism Tower," Ash pointed out on the map, he looked at the roads and started to sigh, knowing that the day was going to be extremely long, "I took that long to get to Camphrier Town and I get turned back, what a pain," the raven haired trainer complained.

Ash walked back in the city tired from all the walking, he looked around to find a the Pokemon Center, to rest for the day, he trudged through the busy streets feeling dejected that he couldn't rush through to the next city, he eventually made it to the medical facility and placed his order in for a room, "I hope you enjoy your stay tonight," Nurse Joy chimed.

Ash slowly walked over to the phone and called his mother to see how she was going, it was just unfortunate that the medical facility was really busy, the people talking was loud enough to prevent him from hearing his mother talking, "hello Ash, how is your journey going?" a woman with brown hair asked her son.

"Remember what I said on the first day of being a pokemon trainer?" Ash asked with a cheek smile.

"Now Ash, putting yourself down like that, you aren't a fallen Pidgy," Delia complimented while Ash started to chuckle.

"You still remember that?" Ash enquired with a shocked expression.

"So Ash, what is the Kalos Region like?" Delia asked with pride.

Ash turned his attention to the window of the medical facility and started to exhale, "from what I have seen so far the Kalos region is amazing, but I have only seen Lumiose City and Camphrier Town," Ash replied while thinking about the moment he met with another person, "I also made a friend and a rival at the same time," Ash explained happily.