Christmas before the storm

Ash ran towards he mall with the hopes of finding a Christmas present for Serena, the hardest part for him was to find out what would be the perfect present, his partner pokemon grasped on to his shoulder while Ash rushed towards the shop, "you know Pikachu, it was really stupid of me to wait for the last minute," Ash announced the problem he was in, he continued towards the shop until making it to the entrance, "well here we go," Ash took a deep breath and walked into the shops.

After making inside, the sounds of Christmas music echoed around the halls, creating a peaceful atmosphere inside for all shoppers. Ash tried to make his way around the shopping centre to find a gift, "you know Pikachu, this is going to be more difficult than anticipated," Ash acknowledged while trying to push his way through the crowd.

Serena entered the shop soon after Ash, looking around at the same thing Ash had seen before her, "so this will be much harder than I first thought," Serena complained while scanning the area, filled with shoppers, she started to move towards her first shop, thinking about what to buy, she decided it would be easier for her to get her mother a gift, "hm what to get her, I know she love Rhyhorn Racing, but it would be too easy to get her something that involves Rhyhorns," Serena reminded herself as she walked into the first shop.

The first shop Serena entered was filled with shelves, books of every genre, she walked further into the shop to see what was for sale, it was then she spotted a book on Kalos history, she was immediately drawn to the book, there was only one copy and was very cheap, "odd, this is a rare book, so why so cheap?" Serena asked while picking it up, she looked at it for a moment, she removed the dust, then started to turn the pages, "interesting this book, it has a history of the wars in the past as well as something about Aura Guardians in this region," Serena silently told herself while taking the book with her, she continued down the aisle.

As Serena continued through the shop, it was then she heard Ash's voice, she knew that he was about to enter the shop, "maybe I can find something for Serena here," Ash stated while entering the shop, Serena watch through one of the shelves, she looked at the book and started to think about the possibility of being caught by Ash, she wanted to surprise him with her gift, she watched Ash walking away from the main counter near the entrance of the shop allowing for the blonde haired trainer to make her way to the counter.

"I would like to buy this book please," Serena quietly told the attendant, she gave the book to the man letting him scan it.

"Well this book costs hundred pokedollars," the man explained much to the surprise of Serena, "we have been trying to sell that book for years and yet no one even looks at it," the man professed while Serena handed over the money.

"Thanks," Serena replied with a smile. She quickly made it to the exit of the shop and headed towards the next shop she set her sights on the shops ahead of her, it was at that time she noticed that the shops became more crowded. The blonde haired trainer gazed over her left shoulder to see Ash having a difficult time finding a present inside the shop, "oh poor Ash," Serena giggled while starting her next part of her Christmas shopping.

Ash looked around and scratched his head, wondering what to get, "oh man, I am not sure what to get her these books just don't seem like something Serena would like," Ash told himself while scanning the shelves but still nothing, "well that's it for this place," Ash hesitantly said before walking over to the exit of the shop without buying anything.

Ash knew that the shops were getting busier, it was only just a few days before Christmas, "come on buddy we better find something it isn't going to get any easier," Ash sighed while walking through the massive crowd, he walked towards the next shop and spotted a Christmas outfit for women, a red dress, hat, boots and jacket with a pink bow. Ash started to picture Serena in the outfit, Pikachu looked at the outfit and shook his head, "what Pikachu, I am certain she would look really cute in that, "well I cannot be selfish, I have to get something she likes," Ash reminded himself over and over again.