Under the stars of victory

Dawn looked at the ground visibly shaken up from the rejection that she had been given, "I guess it will be difficult for me to fully accept this," Dawn muttered under her breath, feeling hurt by what had transpired, "but at least you said something before I went too far," Dawn stated with her eyes starting to well up.

"Sorry Dawn," Ash replied softly.

Dawn did her best to put on a brave front, even putting on her signature smile, "no need to apologize," Dawn replied softly, she looked over to Serena who was standing on the spot watching the duo talk, "Serena is really lucky to have someone as amazing as you Ash," Dawn clarified with the trainer who looked over and nodded.

Dawn walked over to Serena and nodded, she then turned her gaze to Ash, "you take good care of him," Dawn whispered softly.

"Thanks, but you have been waiting for something haven't you?" Serena enquired calmly.

Dawn looked at her new friend with amazement, "how did you know?" Dawn asked the blonde haired trainer.

"I can read a person's aura, much like Ash can," Serena admitted to the bluenette.

Dawn stepped back in shock at what was being told of her, 'not only immortality, but also able to read aura,' Dawn gulped as she turned away from Serena, 'I cannot even hide my one wish from Serena and Ash either,' Dawn continued to think to herself with shame.

"You wanted to have your first kiss with Ash correct?" Serena sighed in disbelief. Serena turned away with her right hand on her chin, she started to think ignoring the calls of Dawn who was wondering what the blonde haired trainer was thinking about, 'nah, that would be mean,' Serena thought with a cheeky grin.

"I don't like that smile," Dawn remarked with a concerned expression.

"What's to worry about? I have been planning on pulling a prank on Ash for at least three months now," Serena admitted to Dawn. "Sadly I have forgotten what I wanted to do, since the idea was in my head about three months ago," Serena remarked with a saddened tone.

Dawn gasped at the comment from Serena and shook her head, "what did you have in mind?" Dawn asked, knowing that she was going to regret asking the question. Serena approached the younger coordinator and leant in to whisper into the bluenette's left ear.

Meanwhile Ash stood in awe at the sight infront of him, "you know buddy, now that I have a goal and the chance to defeat Serena in the Kalos League, I think it would be a great time to have a break," Ash explained to his pokemon, "well at least the two are starting to get along, maybe a little," Ash commented with a quiet laugh, he continued to look over to the horizon to take one more look, not realising that Dawn was sneaking up behind him.

'I cannot believe Serena got me involved in this stupid prank,' Dawn thought to herself, walking up slowly with a playful smile.

(A few hours later)

A seething Ash walked ahead of the two girls not liking the joke that was played on him, wanting to forget what had happened, he still couldn't believe the end result, "you know buddy, I don't mind pranks, but at least they could have made it less childish," Ash whispered to his partner pokemon, hearing the two women talking about their next challenges.

"You know Dawn, I am going to be your rival anyway, I think I might take on Pokemon Contests," Serena admitted calmly.

"You would never be able to defeat me that easily," Dawn teased the inexperienced trainer.