The fires of rivalry

Ash picked up the phone and pressed in Serena's number, waiting for her to pick up the call he looked towards the outside with the rain blasting down relentlessly, "Oh man, what a change this is," Ash complained about the rain, thinking about the hot weather that hit earlier in the day, now with the rain, thunder and lightning, "what next snow?" Ash asked as he continued to wait for Serena to pick up the phone.

"Ash, good that you called me, there were so many trainers that I needed to get passed," Serena explained the situation, "how is Dawn? Is she alright?" Serena's concern switched to her friend.

"Yeah, she is fine, she is sleeping at the moment," Ash replied calmly.

"Now Ash, don't go doing anything stupid, I will not be there tonight, since the rain is too heavy for me to even walk through," Serena instructed Ash who spat out the water from his mouth.

"What kind of person do you think I am?" Ash immediately put two and two together, "I am an honest person who, you know what forget it, I know you're joking," Ash finished his reply with a hint of sarcasm.

"We know each other so well," Serena replied with a hint of pride in her voice.

"Yeah we do," Ash replied with a cheeky grin on his face, "so you're stuck at the Hospital tonight, hmmmmmmmmmm," Ash wondered out loud.

"I don't like the sound of that Ash," the sound of concern built up in Serena's voice.

"What it isn't like I was, no just forget it," Ash teased his girlfriend.

"Alright on a more serious note, what about the trainers that were affected by the sudden changes in the weather," Serena questioned the trainer.

Meanwhile at the hospital Serena walked up to the window seeing the rain was still falling, curious to see what the white spot was that hit the glass pane, "you know Ash, I think it has just started snowing," Serena informed Ash with a giggle.

"What, are you kidding me?" Ash asked in shock.

"Well have a look for yourself," Serena answered. Serena waited for a moment, waited for Ash's reaction, tapping her foot impatiently, 'did he put the phone on the table?" Serena wondered for a split second.

"Serena, it's snowing outside!" Ash yelled in excitement.

"Yes Ash it is," Serena replied with a sigh. Serena turned to see the sick patients, "you know Ash, a lot of people got sick, except for us," Serena informed Ash with a concerned tone, she scanned the ward seeing people coughing as well as the doctors doing their best even while exhausted, "so suddenly, I am in shock Ash, so many people, not even the doctors know why," Serena tried her best to fight back her tears.

"Yet you and I are just fine," Ash pointed out solemnly.

"What about the Kalos League?" Serena asked gently, she walked to the waiting room and looked for a seat to sit in, hearing Ash talking about Paul and Dawn, "yeah I know Ash, I could tell there was something wrong with them, Dawn's condition was more obvious, but Paul hid it, so did the professor" Serena's concern continued to grow.

"I guess it was our immortality that is keeping us safe," Ash suggested, Serena now visibly concerned about the people, "Dawn, you need to go back to bed," Ash told his friend.