Ash's rocky challenge

Ash looked around the small town with Pikachu who was still showing signs of disappointment in his trainer, Ash looked at his small yellow pokemon with a soft smile, "alright buddy I know you still disappointed at me, but I was too nervous to say something," Ash pointed out with an embarrassed smile, he scratched the back of his head and continued to chuckle. He looked around town and noticed how quiet it was, there were only a few people around, but it still seemed like a busy place, peaceful with the strong breeze causing the trees to sway, pleasant with the sight of nature and the different pokemon running around the small town and the outskirts.

A powerfully built man walked up to Ash who was looking around the tiny town, "this small town, has a lot of history steeped into it, once the location of a secret weapon," the mysterious man told the trainer who was unable to take in the riddle of the man.

"What are you talking about?" Ash questioned in a puzzled manner.

"Ah yes, three thousand years ago, there was a war, one that changed the world, to bring an end to this war, a secret weapon was made, one that would bring an end to that war," the man with spiky red hair replied to Ash with a smirk, he walked towards one of the three stone pillars in the middle of the small town, "this formation is where the secret weapon is, Team Flare and Team Rocket are after it," the man remarked, he placed his right hand on the stone and grinned darkly at it.

"Team Rocket, I thought they were after Yveltal and Team Flare are after Xerneas," Ash retorted angrily as his partner pokemon started to spark at the cheeks.

"Is that so? Well, I should introduce myself, my name is Lysandre, an old friend of Professor Sycamore, I am actually investigating the activities of Team Flare, but those rotten members of Team Rocket are getting the way!" the man known as Lysandre explained his situation to Ash who was becoming weary of the powerful man.

'Odd, he gotten a little angry at Team Rocket, but he is far too calm, better keep an eye on him,' Ash thought to himself while looking away. "My name is Ash Ketchum from the Kanto region," Ash replied as he started to walk away from the older man.

"Say Ash, do you know the legend of Xerneas? Legend has it, this pokemon can share eternal life before it sleeps for a thousand years, only one man was given that gift, but for him it was a curse," Lysandre decreed as he looked towards another stone formation, "but for Yveltal, at the end of it's life, it can absorb life," Lysandre said as his interest continued to grow, "the next pokemon, Zygarde, a pokemon shrouded in mystery, but those aren't the only legendries in this region, supposedly there are three more, they are a rumour," Lysandre stated as he walked towards the Pokemon Center.

Ash in deep thought wondered what he was talking about, he knew something was up, but he wanted to continue his journey towards the next gym, "come on buddy, we have a gym to defeat and maybe we can capture some more pokemon," Ash suggested calmly as he walked out of the small town, he looked back and spotted the pokemon Center, "Geosenge Town, I have a feeling that Serena and I will need to be here someday," Ash thought as he walked through the stone covered fields.

"Sir, are we going to let that young man know everything about us?" a member of Team Flare asked Lysandre with concern.

"Even if he was to get in the way, there is nothing he could do about our plans, by time the little aura guardian finds out about our plans it will be too late, even his girlfriend will be too late to recognise her potential as an aura guardian as well," Lysandre explained the situation in a carefree manner, he watched Ash walking away from the town, he looked up to the air to see the Meowth shaped balloon hovering overhead, "even Team Rocket doesn't recognise our true intentions, I guess we can use them to find Yveltal, while very soon we will have the dying Xerneas in our grasp, even for a short time we can fire the secret weapon before it falls asleep," Lysandre pointed out his plans while Team Rocket kept an eye on him