𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:MEANT FOR MORE

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:
MEANT FOR MORE

"IS THAT MY BROTHER?" THE three women were standing outside, but kept themselves protected from the rain. Celeste and Peggy followed Evelyn's eye sight before also spotting Steve. The three had made it to the man's last show, and the men obviously weren't taking him seriously. "I'll be right back." The duo nodded before Evelyn quickly made her way through the rain, carefully standing there and looking over to see what he was drawing.

She frowned when she saw a monkey on a unicycle with an umbrella in one hand and Steve's shield in the other. She leaned her head against the damp wood, not caring if it messed up her hair. "Hey, Steve." Steve immediately turned away from the drawing to look at his sister.

"Eve?" He was confused as to why she was there. "What are you doing here?"

"Officially I'm not here at all." Evelyn sighed, moving to sit down beside of her brother. "Peggy and Celeste are here too. They're waiting for me so this won't take long. That last preformance of yours. . . "

"Yeah. Uh. . . I had to improvise a little bit. Crowds I'm used to are usually more uh. . . twelve." Evelyn gave him a small smile.

"Had Celeste and Peggy not held me back, I would've gotten up and beat all their heads in."

"I don't doubt that one bit." Steve shook his head.

"So, what's it like being 'America's new hope'?"

"Bond sales take a ten percent bump in every state I visit."

Evelyn looked at him for a moment before sighing. "What's the Senator doing about this? Jumping in joy I suppose?"

"At least he's got me doin' this. Phillips would have had me stuck in lab." Steve responded with the small shrug of his shoulders and this made Evelyn's frown deepen.

"And these are your only two options? A lab rat or a dancing monkey?" Evelyn scoffed in disbelief. "You were meant for more than this, you know?"

"You know for the longest time I dreamed about coming overseas and being on the front lines. Serving my country. I finally get everything I wanted, and I'm wearing tights." He shook his head an Evelyn reached out and grabbed his hand.

"It will get better." Evelyn nodded her head. "I promise."

Steve offered his sister a small smile before his attention was turned towards trucks that were bringing in soldiers. "They look like they've been through hell."

"That's because they have." Evelyn and Steve both turned their heads to find Celeste and Peggy standing under the shelter, and Celeste had a look on her face that Evelyn didn't like. "Just found out from the Queen over here that your latest audience contained what was left of the one-oh-seventh. The rest were killed or captured."