𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER THREE:MAGGIE

CHAPTER THREE:
MAGGIE

"SO, DOT?" EVELYN ASKED, AN amused smirk falling on her lips as she looked at Bucky. The redhead girl that he had been talking to, had finally said goodbye, claiming that she had to leave. Bucky looked at the blonde, rolling his eyes although a smile was on his face.

"Yeah, Dot."

"Are you catching feelings, Buck?" Evelyn smirked, licking the ice cream that the trio had just gotten. Bucky rolled his eyes at the blonde, shoving her lightly making her laugh.

"You looked like you enjoyed her presence." Steve agreed with his sibling, nodding his head.

"Oh, not you too." Bucky groaned, earning amused laughs from the two Rogers twins. "I expect it from Evie, but I was hoping you'd back off."

"And miss the chance to tease you?" Steve asked, furrowing his eyebrows, almost as if he was offended. "Never."

"Dorks. I am friends with two dorks." Bucky sighed, shaking his head. Evelyn chuckled slinging her arms around both Bucky and Steve whilst throwing away her cone of icecream.

"You know you love us, Bucky." Evelyn said, making the male glance at her. She flashed him her beautiful smile. "I don't know what you'd do without us."

"No, I think you got that backwards." Bucky responded, smirking slightly. "I don't know what you two would do without me."

"Probably get beat up." Steve spoke. "Maybe die."

"Be lonely." Evelyn answered. "We have no friends. You are the friend, Bucky. The one and only friend that gets to be blessed with the friendship of the Rogers twins. Forever."

"Forever is a long time, Evie."

Evelyn shrugged her shoulders, offering her friend a small smile. The trio made their way over to the Ferris Wheel, something they had decided to do last before leaving the carnival and heading back home. It was already getting late, but the group didn't mind. Their parents had expected them to be out late anyways, it was a Friday night. They made it to the Ferris Wheel, giving the man their tickets before getting on the ride. Bucky and Steve sat one seat in front of Evelyn, whilst Evelyn got the one behind them all to herself. She smiled in content, leaning back as she rested her arms on the bar that was there for her safety.

She looked up, her hair placed into a ponytail as it flowed in the wind. The stars were shining so brightly that night, and Evelyn had always loved the stars. She found them so mesmerizing, so unique in their own way. Evelyn had always wanted to see a star up close. She didn't know why, but it had always been a dream of hers. The Ferris wheel stopped, and Evelyn realized that she was stuck at the top. She smiled. It was so relaxing as she sat there, listening to the people below chatter about something she couldn't hear. She could hear the laughs. She could hear the music and the games being played, and people cheering in victory. She could hear everything, and she enjoyed it. She enjoyed it so much that she actually frowned when the Ferris wheel started to move again.

She was stopped at the entrance, causing her to turn her head. She was about to get out when a familiar woman appeared in front of her. She offered Evelyn a small smile. "Mind if I join you?"

Evelyn looked at her, swallowing before shaking her head. "No, I don't mind." She smiled before moving over and allowing the young woman to join her. She secured the bar once again and they started to move again. Evelyn looked at the woman, cocking her head as she tried to figure out where it was she had seen her. And that's when it clicked. "You were at the cotton candy stand, were you not?"

The teenage woman smiled, nodding her head. "I was. I'm Margaret, but you can call me Maggie."

"Evelyn." Evelyn responded with a smile.

"You're the Rogers twin, are you not?" Maggie asked. Evelyn raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"Uh. . . yeah. How- how did you know that?"

"Well, the blonde hair and pretty blue eyes gave it away." Maggie smirked slightly. "The Rogers family has always been known for the blonde hair and pretty blue eyes."

Evelyn let out a small chuckle, shaking her head. "Half of the population has blonde hair and pretty blue eyes."

"Not like yours and your brothers, though." Maggie responded.  She smiled as she and Evelyn continued to converse, the blonde explaining to the brunette about her love for the stars and how she wished to see one up close. They were stopped once, and Bucky and Steve got off, and when they stopped again, Maggie and Evelyn got off. The two girls smiled at one another.

"It was nice to meet you, Margaret." Evelyn said, taking her down out of its ponytail.

"It was lovely to meet you as well, Evelyn. We should meet up sometime." Maggie smiled. Evelyn nodded in agreement before saying goodbye, and watching the woman leave. She joined her brother and Bucky's side once more, smiling at them both.

"Are we ready to leave?" Evelyn asked.

"Ready when you are." Bucky responded, slinging an arm around her shoulders before the trio started to head home.

" Bucky responded, slinging an arm around her shoulders before the trio started to head home