23

Malia watched in Aw as her mother held Ezekiel and smiled at him. From the moment she found out she was with child, she could not wait for this moment. When she found out her siblings were murdered and her mother taken, see thought that she would never she the day. Now that it's here, it all felt so surreal.

"I thought you were dead.." Malia finally said breaking the silence. Ella looked at her with tears eyes and chuckled.

"I thought for sure I would be.. and to tell you the truth, I prayed for it. Many days and many nights.. but I also prayed to see you again, my grandson.. so I guess god answered one of them." Ella said and Malia scoffed with the crack in her voice, as she wiped her tears. Malia tried to keep her emotions down, not wanting to break down in tears knowing her mother was in more grief and pain than she was, but she was failing to hold it in.

".. I'm so sorry.. I'm so sorry.." Malia said sobbing and Ella pulled her into a hug.

"Hey,hey,hey it is not you fault.. don't ever. For one second think it is. If it's anyone's, it's Cassandra's and it's Nolan's.." Ella said through her teeth. She could admit that over the time in captivity her anger at Been driven towards him. Malia pulled away from the hug only to look in her mothers eyes

"'Mother.. you can't think Nolan had anything to do with their deaths. Fathers? Yes. But them no.. it was Cassandra" Malia said and Ella sighed

"Speaking of that.. Malia.. baby. I know you may feel loyal to him because of the baby but Cassandra promised she would spare you both.. you just have to give Nolan up.." Ella said not even trying to be quiet about what she was saying. Malia furrowed her eyebrows not wanting to hear what her mother was saying. She was the one to tell her to get used to her lifestyle, to think of it as a blessing. Even more, Malia felt her mother knew first handed what loyalty to your husband was.

"What you are talking about is treason. Not only will I be killed but so will my son. I can't believe that you believe that woman would ever be courteous to anyone other than herself. If she wants to kill her own son what makes you think so won't kill mine.. her grandson. Anything, and any body to get the throne. She ordered the hit out on my brothers and sisters, and she was the one giving orders for the Coup planned on The kings life, that got my father killed. Haven't we lost enough family over this woman's Madness?.. now if you come with me and try to Remember where you've been, anything that will help my husband in locating her than you need to let me know." Malia said whispering so only the two of them could hear the conversation and chocked on her next words

  "Or I will be forced to have to label you a traitor and you know how badly things will end.." Malia said. Ella deeply exhaled and looked at her grandson seeing how pure and innocent he was. She looked at him and was taken back to the first time she held Malia, the joy she felt. The fear she had of becoming a mother, the undying loyalty she had to her, this alone let her know that her daughter would not betray Nolan. It was deeper than them.. when you have a child it's about their safety, what's best for them.

Ella nodded and kissed Ezekiel's forehead and gave him back to his mother who quickly took him back into her arms. Ella pulled her daughter down and got close to her ear

"I knew you would never do it.. I just had to try because I really don't want you dead either. Cassandra and the rest of her men are right behind me. A few of them are here with me now sitting around here staring at us, so look like you I am telling you a funny story." Ella said and Malia started laughing not to much but just enough for it to look natural.

"If you were to not accept the deal then that complicates things. None of us expected you or the baby to be here so this is like a divine intervention for them and their cause, so make no mistake they will try to take you and the child. You know what to do.. I hope I prepared you enough for these situations.." Ella said and moved back from her ear and the two locked eyes saying everything that did not need to be spoken from their mouths.

Malia looked at Polly who was trying her hardest to mind her business but was still trying to listen. Malia gave Ezekiel to Polly and bent down to kiss him. She then whispered in her ear that her and the prince needed to leave quickly to the carriage and back to the palace.

"No my lady.. I won't leave you here alone." Polly said and Malia smiled trying to make things seem as normal as possible

"I promise you I'll be right behind you but I need you to get up and leave now." Malia said with urgency in her voice making Polly jump to her feet. Malia did a quick glance seeing a few pairs of eyes on her and then mouthed to Polly to walk at a pace. Not to fast, not to slow. Polly did as she said and was able to get out of the door with no one stopping her.

Malia watched as the carriage drove away and she felt a weight lifted off of her chest but still in the pit of her heart.

When she turned around it seemed like everyone who had been in the place had left except for her, her mother and Cassandra's men. They all started walking towards her crowding her in as she looked at them viciously.

"So do I finally get to meet this retched woman or what..?"