Chapter Seventeen

~9 Weeks~

Bakugou sat in the bed with Sayuri sleeping against his side. It was a little after dinner and still a little early for the girl's normal bedtime, but she was exhausted, from the trauma of a hero raid the other night and the excitement of reuniting with Bakugou plus finding out she was going to have a new baby sibling. Who wouldn't be tuckered out by that?

Bakugou smiled as he stared down at her, shifting slightly so both of his arms were free he leaned back and put on hand on his stomach, feeling a little hardness under his soft layers, and with the other hand he stared at the sonogram of his baby. The technician said he was only 9 weeks along, so he'd guessed right back at the house.

He softly ran a thumb along the picture, it was still blob like, but he could definitely see the head, arms and feet starting to form. The technician said that everything was progressing perfectly and he was on track to having a perfectly healthy baby, they had also told him that he was due sometime in December Sayuri had been very quiet when the technician was in the room, but she'd watched the screen with interest and the moment they were alone, the pup had declared that the baby would be a girl, she'd said it with such passion that Bakugou found himself believing that his baby would be a girl. The blonde found himself thinking of baby names, trying to decide if they'd go with his surname.

Hoshiko? No, I don't like it.

Katsumi? works but sounds a little vain.

Akira? Too common.

Rini? Nah.

Hikari? Too corny.

I have plenty of time to decide what to call you, just like you have plenty of time to prove me and your big sister wrong and come out a boy.

Bakugou let out a little chuckle at that, he put the sonogram down and snuggled into the bed with Sayuri. He had just closed his eyes to take a nap himself when a voice shattered the quiet of the air.

" Katsuki?! Katsuki! "

" Madam? Madam please! You'll only upset the patients! Allow us to go in and tell them-"

" Move out of my way or I will rip your fucking face off! I have been told my son was dead for six years and then I found out that he is not! I want to see him!" 

Bakugou turned his head at the sound of all the commotion just outside his room. He knew that voice, though it was shaky and spouting unnecessary threats. Sayuri sat up groggily and rubbed her eyes, before she plopped back down with her face on his stomach and an arm thrown over him.

" Who's that mama?" She mumbled sleepily. Bakugou turned his attention to her and stroked her hair.

" It's my mama." He said quietly. Sayuri's eyes widened then she ducked down, hiding behind Bakugou's form on the bed as the woman in question burst into the room. Mother and son stared at one another, taking in each other's appearance, Mitsuki had a look of utter disbelief on her face. Bakugou could see that the years had been kind to his mother, she still looked as young as ever despite now being 46. His mother's lip trembled and she broke the silence was a sob as she launched herself at the bed.