1: Como uma família

Welcome back. Hope you enjoy!

como uma família; as a family

_____________________

I changed into my clothes after my long run in the Bayou. I walked down to the lake and saw what the pack is like right now. There's no one here. It looks deserted. I found a baby doll that reminded me of her. That mere thought made me want to run away my problems again. This was a routine but yet every time it got the best of me.

I haven't used my magic since that day. Every time I tried it just felt like it was pulling me back to her. Similar to how Abbie's magic was pulling her back to Bonnie after she left. Mine was doing the same but the pull felt stronger. The more I stayed away from magic the more my hair grew darker starting from the roots.

I can't dwell on the past for too long. Soon enough I'll get to see her again. And if I kept dragging myself around it'll feel like forever. Like I said before, we need to clean up our mistakes. Starting with those rings.

I walked through town to the compound. I was surprised that Francesca's men weren't following me today. It usually ends in both of the blockheads being dead and I walking out unscathed. When I arrived at the compound I didn't bother to see if anyone else was there. I knew Klaus was. I haven't had a full conversation with him since we put our daughter to safety. I sleep with him every night for comfort but no words are said.

As I walked up the stairs I could feel Klaus following me. He was acting like some creep. He is one step away from getting pushed off the stairs completely. I walked into the baby's room and saw Elijah melding with stuff. "What do you think you're doing, Elijah," I asked. "Welcome back. What is it? The third night this week," Elijah said. I scoffed.

"I don't need a caretaker. What are you doing, Elijah," I was starting to get frustrated at him fiddling with the crib. "As we discussed, our illusion needs to be flawless. Now, months have passed. It's the appropriate time," he said. "What's next on the appropriate list? Klaus and I hold our heads up high and say we're ready to try again," I say sarcastically. "I understand this is difficult," Elijah said. "What's difficult is knowing that Francesca Guerrera is still breathing...after she was the one that plotted with the witches to kill my baby. Wanna know what else is difficult... being in this room," I groaned.

"You will have your vengeance. I promise you this."

"Well, until then this room is off-limits. And I tell you when it's appropriate to clean it out," I stepped to the side to let him exit. He examined my face before taking his leave.

...

Tonight was another full moon. Another night was Klaus is put through the torture of wolves taking power from him to resist the full moon. Tonight is also the night where I would get my revenge.

"We're taking the twelve original rings. Now, four of them sit in the hands of the Guerrera brothers. One on Oliver, one of Francesca. Three with the home security detail and the rest scattered amongst lackeys. Each ring is distinguishable by its setting. Gauche, like those that wear them," Elijah explained.

"If they believe they can get the stake, they will come for me when I'm weak. Each ring we retrieve will strengthen me, but I will still be at a disadvantage," Klaus said. "Ergo, any hope of our success depends upon our working together. The two of you can no longer afford to retreat to separate corners," Elijah said and I instantly looked down.

I looked back up and met Klaus's gaze. "This is our fight. Are you ready to battle, Cameron," he asked me. "Just promise me that Francesca doesn't come out of this alive," I said with a blank face. "Her head will be deprived of you on a silver platter... princess," we kept eye contact after that.

"I'll deal with the last piece of the puzzle. Hayley, follow me," he said. He and Hayley left to go wherever.

I went into my place and waited until the guest arrived. Soon the wolves were crowding the place. Two walked past me so I snuck behind them and snapped their necks. I took the ring off of the finger of one of the men. If Klaus needed more paint, I'd give him more paint.

I turned around and a bunch of wolves was handled behind me. I spotted one of the rings. "Have I mentioned that I've had a rotten couple of months," I said before charging towards them. Five seconds later they were all dead and I retrieved the ring.

I had one more person to be rid of; Francesca. She might have thought that she got away but I knew exactly where she was at. I was in the forest and I could hear her car nearing. Her heartbeat was booming out of her chest.

I thought I'd pull a classic Damon Salvatore by laying down in the middle of the street. She stopped in front of me and once she looked back up and I was gone. I then showed up on the side of her car. I opened the door and pulled her out. The rest isn't for telling.

...

I was outraged. I don't know what is wrong with me. I stormed up into my room and hit everything with a bat. That was until Klaus caught my last swing. I looked him in the eyes and confessed. "I killed her. Francesca looked me in the eye and begged for her life as I tore her apart. I feel kinda better but there's still a void. I don't feel peace. I don't feel anything. I don't want to live like this, Klaus. I killed eight wolves tonight. I killed eight of my own. I hate it. It hurts. Everything hurts. Please," I sobbed.

Before I could completely fall apart Klaus pulled me into him. "Shhh."

"Please make it better. I want it to feel better," I cried and he rubbed my back gently. "It will get better," he said. "When? I'm basically immortal now. If I can't get through now, how am I gonna get through forever," I asked. "Ya know over the years... I've had my share of friends, enemies... lovers, losses, and triumphs. With time, they all begin to run together. But you will find the real moments are vibrant. The rest just fades away. Your pain will fade," he said.

"Not until I can hold my baby in my arms again."

"And so you shall. But in order to do that, we need to regain control of the city. Now, we all worked separately once to unite wolves. We can work together to do it again. They don't need to be our enemies."

"After washing them, they're not gonna wanna be our friends, Klaus."

"You waged a just war on those who would hurt your child. Not only will they respect you, but they will also answer to you just as they would answer to their alpha."

"I'm not their alpha. Hayley is. It wouldn't just be us, it'd be her too."

'Then so be it."

"What about all our other enemies? The witches don't stop plotting even after they're dead."

"We defeated our mother and the witches because we stood united," he moved to be closer to me. "That is how we will face all our enemies. As a family." Klaus grabbed my hand and I brought him to my face. "As a family," I repeated slowly.

_____________________

A/N: I had to post the first chapter today so that you all could see the book on my profile. A lot of you guys followed me to keep track of the book(s) so here ya go and thank you.

1330 words.