38: Segredos

segredos; secrets 

______________

"My period is late. But it usually is by one day. (But not by three.) There's nothing to worry about, right," I asked Hayley. "You still have those," she asked skeptically. "Believe it or not. I'm still part witch and werewolf. I couldn't be either of those if I was fully dead so, yeah, I still have those, unfortunately," I said.

"If you think you're pregnant, just talk to Klau--"

"No. He's been a little off since he got out of that thingy ma jiggy. I can feel the magic radiating off of him. And Hope's been a little distant from him. I think she knows what's up too," I said. "Well, maybe it's because Lucas is here now. They're like best friends. And if you are worried talk to him."

"No.

"Oh, my Gawd. To solve both problems, You take a break and take a pregnancy test. I'll watch over Klaus today to see if anything is really wrong."

I grinned at her brightly. "You were going to bug me until I offered, weren't you," she asked and I nodded my head with a toothy smile. "I hate you."

"I love you," I called out as she left. I am not taking a damn pregnancy test. I have too much on my plate already. I'll just wait until I start showing. Then we'll deal with this child.

...

Hope and Lucas were picking flowers in Bayou. I followed after the trail thinking what would happen if I am pregnant. I'd be fine with that but it could've come at a better time. Fighting to save one kid while carrying another. I hope we get this Hollow thing over with soon and without any deaths. I don't think I could handle another one right now.

"Hey, Hope. Você gostaria de um irmão? Você ficaria bem com isso? Be honest," I asked her if it would be okay if she had a sibling. "Menino ou menina," she asked. "I don't know," I shrugged. "Well, Lucas is already like a little brother to me so maybe a girl. But I'd be fine with a boy too," she said, picking blue flowers.

"Am I getting a sibling," she asked. "Maybe, talvez não. I don't want you to get your hopes up, Princesa," I said. "Okay," she said sweetly and went back to picking flowers while Lucas chased her in the field.

"Crianças! Time to leave. Rápida, Rápido," I said. They laughed as they ran to the car. It was a nice sight that brought a smile to my face. On our way back to the compound I got them some beignets. This should give them a sugar rush then they'll fall asleep. Or they'll be full then fall asleep. Either way, they'll be asleep.

My plan backfired so I left them with Carlos. I wanted to go check on Klaus since I haven't heard from Hayley all day. But before I went Freya told me about his issue and gave me the tools to fix it myself. I found him in the church rinsing his hands in the holy water. How biblical. "Klaus, I was worried," I approached him as I heard sniffling.

"Cameron, stay back," he said quickly. "What? Why," I asked. "I don't want to hurt you. But I can't trust myself," Klaus said with his back still turned to me. "You'd never hurt me. I trust you--"

"I said stay back!" He turned to me with tears in his eyes "I've underestimated our foe. The Hollow is more powerful than I thought. It made me see things and do things," he turned back around and looked at the bloody water. He yelled then splashed like he saw something in the water.

"I can feel it in my head," he said. I stepped closer and put my hand on his shoulder. "Then let me purify you. Okay," I took out a liquid Freya gave me and began chanting. "Reingen monde tavo veneno. Reinigen monde tavo ven-- It's burrowed too deep. But I know what it wants."

"For me to kill Marcel. Or for him to kill me."

"Klaus, if this thing is demanding a blood sacrifice, if it's you or Marcel... please don't let it be you. End this."

"Don't follow me."

I'm following him, alright. I followed him to the abandoned house where this all started. He had followed Marcel here. Freya followed us. We couldn't get inside because there was a barrier stopping us. "Repo oma dal most. Repo oma dal most. Repo oma dal most," we chanted. The wind grew heavy and Freya's nose started bleeding. Looks like she reached her limit for the day.

"Don't worry. I'll finish it," I told her and continued chanting. The door began shaking as the barrier lifted. When I broke I sped in and held Marcel back from the fight they were in. Klaus is hesitant before he snaps Marcel's neck.

Klaus looked distant before he walked into the hallways of the abandoned house. Freya and I followed him and there it was the blue light. There was black smoke in the center of the light. Freya threw some magical liquid at it and it gave off this high-pitched screaming before it went away.

...

"My mind is finally cleared," Klaus groaned. I nodded and fiddled with my hands nervously. I could feel Klaus's eyes burning into me. He suddenly grabbed my chin, roughly forcing me to look at him. My eyes fluttered and I looked down, avoiding his gaze. "Look at me."

I did. "You know you can tell me anything, right," he said and I nodded. "I don't want any secrets between us. I don't want us to lie to each other. So I am going to ask this once... Is there something that you're hiding from me?"

"No." 

______________

960 words