40: História de Hollow

História de Hollow; Hollow's History

______________

FAST FORWARD

Klaus finally opened up to me about being trapped in a dungeon for five years. Even though it took being stuck in the house all day for him to do so. Hayley found a storage unit with our parents' stuff in it. There was a jawbone in one of my mom's boxes, and we figured out it was part of the Hollows original body. Hope met Marcel and they are now "friends"

...

"Hope, what's going on," I asked her. We had the jawbone on the table with a boundary spell around it. She was walking around it and it moved with her. "Mamãe, can you hear it too," she asked me. "What's going on," Klaus walked in.

I would kneel down to get to her level but I'm cramping. "Look at me. Tell me what you've heard."

"Voices. They said that we're connected to this. Your side of the family. "You and me. Tio and Lucas."

"If this fossil has been whispering lies I'll gladly throw it in the river," Klaus said. "No. Not the bone. The witches. The ancestors. They have a message for us. A warning," Hope said. I focused on Hope and the newly revived ancestral wall.

"They want me to go to St. Anne's Church to talk to them. They said I have to do exactly what they say, and I have to do it now. Before the Hollow comes for us," she said.

Moments later Klaus went to check on the bone being delivered to us by Alaric. He wouldn't let me speak to him. And when I asked could I go with Elijah to meet Alaric at a diner, he said no. He also said no to the whole St. Anne's Church thing as well.

But after a long argument, he said I can go with him. When we arrived at St. Anne's it was mysteriously quiet. "Of course it's quiet. It's a trap," Klaus said as we walked in.

"We don't know that."

"New Orleans witches have hated my family for three centuries. Of course, it's a trap."

"The coven protects their own. My mother's one of them and so is Hope now. She's part of their legacy."

"Hope is a far cry from a French Quarter fortune-teller. And while we're on the subject, she's seven. If anyone wants to talk to her, they should ask my permission. Same goes for you."

"You're gonna be a lot of fun when she starts dating."

"I'm gonna be a perfect gentleman. And should any of her suitors fail to meet my expectations I'll compel them to the priesthood... Oh, look, Harvest Girls," Klaus said as the four girls recently sacrificed entered. "I assume you speak on behalf of your ancestors."

"Provided that you've come in peace," one of them answered. "Well, that depends on you, doesn't it," Klaus smirked. "We don't want to fight. We're here to offer a deal."

"Although you brother did murder all four of us, so let's not pretend we're friends," another said. "Please consider all pretense of friendship dropped. Where are the Ancestors," he asked.

Thirty seconds later they had whipped up a whole bunch of concoctions. "We need your blood," they randomly said. "That's funny, I didn't hear you say please," Klaus said. "If you want answers, we have to guide you to the Ancestors. But since one of you isn't a witch I'll like you two together then link you to an audience of the dead without harming the precious cargo," she explained looking at my stomach.

I took the bowl she had and bit it into my wrist letting the blood drip into the bowl. Then I passed it to Klaus and he did the same. "Why do I get the feeling there's something you're not mentioning?"