41: Irmão para irmão

Irmão para irmão: brother for brother

_______________

After a long and fruitful night with Klaus, I woke up with an ache in my back and an open spot on the bed. I put clothes on and headed downstairs. "Good Morning. Well, I guess apple turnover is fruit," I said, scanning the table of sweet pastries in front of Klaus and Hope. "Well, I saw no harm in indulging our daughter's sweet tooth. All things in moderation, of course," Klaus said. I picked up a beignet and brought it to my mouth.

"Okay, well. Don't eat too much. You'll get a stomachache," I said while taking another beignet, now having two in my hand. "Hey," Hope called out. "I'm a grown-up," I teased her. "Have any of you seen Elijah," Hayley asked, coming in worried.

"I thought he was with you," Klaus said. "I haven't seen him since he left for Marcel's last night," Hayley said. We all shared the same look on our faces.

Klaus had offered to go and check up on Marcel to see if he had Elijah. Leaving me with the girls. Freya and I are attempting a locator spell after we found out he was not at Marcel's.

"Jälgida minu blòo mitt. Jälgida minu blòo mitt."

"He's cloaked by magic. I can feel it," Is said just as the spell did not work. The jawbone on the other table began moving in a circle turning our attention to that. Vincent walked in just on time. "That's her. That's the Hollow. She has Elijah, and now she wants that bone," he said.

"In exchange for Elijah," Hayley asked.  "No. You don't understand. There won't be an exchange. She needs Elijah to die in order to channel the energy for his sacrifice. She's already poisoned him with the rose thorns. She wants this bone by sundown. If she doesn't get it, then she's gonna come here and she's gonna take it. And when she does, she's gonna burn this entire city to the ground," Vincent said.

Soon Marcel and Klaus came home so we could further discuss this. "You want a plan of attack, it comes down to this. Use the element of surprise. Now, Marcel will hand over the bone, and then stab the Hollow with Hayley's blood also embedded with Cam's magic. And then Cameron's gonna cast the spell that buries her... And before you say something, she can do it from here," Vincent explained.

"The Ancestors' spell requires a sacrifice. An Original has to die," Hayley said. "Yeah, and right now, the Hollow is gonna use Elijah's death to come back but that opens up a window where I can use the sacrifice to shove her back into her grave," Vincent explained. Klaus got up from his seat seeming upset.

"You'll forgive me for stating the obvious, but your plan does nothing to save my brother. In fact, it relies entirely upon his death," Klaus stated angrily. "Easy. He's just trying to help," Marcel said. "Klaus, Elijah's already dead. Now, the only thing that we can do right now is figuring out whether or not that death is gonna count for something," Vincent said.

"That's not a call any of us get to make. Especially not you. There has to be a way to save him," Hayley said. "Freya, do you still have the antidote we used to cure Marcel's bite," Klaus asked her. "I have it, yes. But I don't know if it'll work against the poison of the rosebush," Freya said.

"You guys aren't listening. Even if we do cure Elijah, we still have a big problem; that's called the Hollow. And it's just gonna keep coming at us until it resurrects. And when that happens, we're talking about an ancient primal power that's made flesh and blood. It will wipe out this entire city in an afternoon and ain't a damn thing that you or anybody else here can do about it. Now, my way? We take her out while she's still a spirit. Elijah dies, but at least his death counts for something," Vincent explained.