8: Limites

limites; boundaries

_____________

"Hi, baby. Mama's here. Oh," I whispered as I picked up Hope from her crib. I walked to the kitchen swaying her on my hip side to side. Klaus was cooking. I mean, actually cooking. While he was whipping up some eggs I reached in front of him and grabbed a strawberry. He kissed Hope's head and I went into the living room.

We were being snapped back into reality today. Klaus and I had to leave the baby with Elijah and Camille. I didn't like her but it didn't mean I didn't necessarily trust her. She was human; her morals would override everything before she'd let something happen to a baby. They'd be arriving just about now.

I exited the house with Hope wrapped in a blanket when I heard Elijah's voice. "Oh, my Gawd. But I-- You said-- I thought she was--"

"The only way to truly protect her was to convince the world of her death. I hope you understand. Once it's safe for you to leave here, our secret cannot leave with you," Klaus said coming from behind me. I let Camille come up to me to formally say hi.

"Heh heh," I laughed at the sudden noises coming from Hope. "Oh, she's perfect," Camille said. Once the greetings were over we entered the house to talk about the plan. "Now that we've entombed our mother, I intend to finish making the city safe for Hope. Which, to start means dealing with lingering problems with Finn," Klaus announced.

"Once he figures out that you've done, he's gonna go off the deep end," Camille said. "Cameron and I will return home and take care of my wayward brother. Elijah will remain here with Camille. He's been experiencing some side effects since his ordeal as our mother's captive. Best he stay and convalesce," Klaus said.

"A single violent outburst at a family roadside cafe and one never hears the end of it," Elijah said. "Well, Camille has a way with minds plagued by demons, brother. You two can bond. Well, if you'll excuse us, I best be on our way. Rebekah should already be awakened in the body of Angelica Barker. Once she has cut the ties of Miss Barker's former life, she'll make her way directly here. You should expect her shortly," Klaus said. He held out his hand for me to grab and I did.

...

When we got back to New Orleans I was hit by the news that Hayley was getting married to Jackson for some unification ritual to gain control of the wolves. I also found out that Elijah and herself finally hit home. Good for her.

Now she was trying to fix the tensions between wolves and vampires. Such a peacemaker. "You wolves are here because you want freedom. And I promise you, if you stay you will be free. But we need as much help as we can get," Hayley announced. "My vamps and I are willing to stand with you against the witches. In return, all I want is a promise that there'll be peace between our sides after the wedding," Marcel added.

"You're the one who spent the last 100 years killing and cursing us," one of the wolves said. "Which means you might wanna listen to what I have to say--"

"So you're brokering a truce. Between Mongrels and Parasites. And just how long do you really think that's gonna last? A month? A week? A day? What you don't yet understand is that the only thing that can exist between your two degenerate species is hatred, war, and death," Finn said as he slowly backed towards the exit. He kissed his hand and spelled the threshold so that no one may leave.

"But I imagine, given and little time confined together... you'll come to see things the way I do," Finn left.

The others looked struck with a problem. I shrugged my shoulders and went on with the day. I ended up having nothing to do but miss my little princess already. "Cameron," I heard Hayley yell. "Cameron, please. Please, get him. I'm begging you," Hayley said as I neared her and Klaus. Klaus had this huge smirk on his face and Hayley seemed completely disturbed and uncomfortable.

"What did he do," I asked. "Needn't worry, Luv. I've just taken a personal investment in Hayley's love triangle with Jackson and my brother," Klaus said, stepping in front of Hayley to hug me. Hayley scoffed and walked off.

"I need you to help Kol with the spell," Klaus said into my shoulder. "Okay," I whispered into his chest then I wiggled out of the embrace.

...

Kol, Davina, and I had been working on the spell at the boundary for hours. We needed Davina on the other side of the boundary. A fight broke out and there was blood involved which meant we had to hurry. We almost got it. "Cameron, start the spell," Klaus yelled from in the middle of the fight.

Kol put salt around us and lit candles before we started chanting the spell. Moments later the barrier was gone. "Okay. Jack, now," Hayley said. Jack led the wolves out in a hurry. The spell we did could only lift it for a minute. Once the wolves were out it was just us and the vampires. Kol attempted to leave but Klaus pulled him back.

"Change of plans, brother. I no longer have to treat you like anything but the treacherous liar you truly are," Klaus said. "What the bloody hell," Kol murmured. "Where is she," Klaus asked. "PLease they'll kill him," Davina pleaded.

"He should've thought about that before he betrayed our sister. Rebekah never made it to her new body, did she? Seeing as how you cast the spell and, well, you're you... I'd hardly call it an uncrackable case," Klaus said. "Rebekah's fine, Nik. It was a prank. Nothing more than what you lot have done to me. But I guess it's different when it's--" Kol tried to get back out of the barrier but it was back up.

"Oh. Barrier's back up. And those vampires look, oh, so hungry. I was willing to welcome you back into my home... but you had to return to your selfish petty jealousies. Well, let's see how well they help you survive when you're stuck in there," Klaus yelled. Next thing I know he was dragging me somewhere.

_____________

1070 words.