23: Feliz Natal

feliz natal; merry christmas

_____________

"Do they, like, pay you," I asked the girl pouring her blood into a cup. "Handsomely, and with a generous Christmas bonus. Isn't that right," Klaus smirked and took the cup from the girl. "So you just compel her to agree with whatever you say," I asked. "I compel her to feed me and to hang the occasional Christmas ornament. She can say whatever the hell she wants," Klaus said and I chuckled.

"You seem better," Klaus said. "Thanks for giving me space to not talk. But why didn't you go with Elijah to help Rebekah," I asked as he looked at me from the side with a smirk. "It's not a good idea for him and I to spend time together in confined spaces. Given that the prophecy foretells one family member felling another," Klaus said. "You don't actually think he would hurt you," I asked.

"I don't know what to think. That damn fortune teller's predictions continue to unfold, despite all our efforts," Klaus said.

...

Klaus and I spent most of the day talking until Rebekah showed up with a curse and Freya was poisoned. Klaus insisted on me tagging along so that he could "protect me." Who was I to argue with him after all this? We went to Lucien's house to steal some cure for the poison so that Freya could help Rebekah.

By the time we got back Rebekah and Hayley broke out into a fight where Klaus had to break it up. "Not her," he said. Rebekah then turned to me ready to attack. "Not her either," he said, then he threw her across the table. I gave Hayley the little briefcase with the cure in it to give to Freya.

"Dear, sweet Cam. You're so afraid that you'll ruin her, you hurt her so she doesn't see your true self and all it's errors," Rebekah said as she jumped off the table and charged for Klaus. "Nik, every woman that you and Elijah bring into our lives turns to poison. She's a step away from growing toxic too," Rebekah said as Klaus looked back at me.

Soon Elijah woke and Freya came in with the silver knife. They held her down as they cut off the vicious skull mark on his wrist. Rebekah screamed in pain as Freya chanted. Rebekah eventually fell asleep and woke herself again. "Well, that was annoying," she said and we smiled.

...

Later on that night we all dressed nicely and gathered around the Christmas tree. Carlos brought Hope and even Hayley and Jakcosn joined. "Merry Christmas, little one," Elijah said as he kissed Hope's forehead. "Thank you, for helping Freya. Unfortunately we're all out of mason-jar moonshine," Klaus joked with Jackson and Carlos.

"Well, Nik, you are positively merry tonight," Rebekah said. Klaus looked behind me and his face dropped. "Oh no," he said. "Yes, I know it's not exactly a bonfire, but I improvised. Come on, it's tradition," Rebekah said.  "Tradition," Hayley asked. "We write our wishes and then burn them for luck. Strangely, I don't recall wishing for an influx of enemies, and yet, year after year..."

"How odd. Forever on Santa's naughty list," Elijah said. We all wrote wishes down and burned them. I opened presents with Hope, Hayley, Freya, Carlos, and Jackson while the three siblings sat in the other room. Hope's giggles surround the room while she plays with her new toys. Or specifically the boxes.

It was all good and fun till I got drunk off of sugar cookies. Don't ask me how. Then I found out Rebekah was leaving again. We all gave her hugs. "Despite all his efforts, he will always need you. Do me and favor and don't let him push you away again," Rebekah whispered into my ear as I hugged her.

Hope was put to sleep meaning I could eat more of these Christmas sugar cookies. It should be illegal to taste this good. I walked upstairs and stared at the Christmas tree as I finished my last cookie.

I turned around when I heard footsteps. "You look--"

"Don't say full. You've lived long enough," I said to Klaus. "I was going to say satiety," he joked and I chuckled. "A penny for your thoughts," Klaus asked. "I was thinking about what Rebekah said earlier. Do you see me as fragile? Do you think you'll poison me because, believe me, I've had my fair share of poison? To protect me from you past, from Aurora--"

"Don't. Please. When I think of all the ways she could've  hurt you..."

"She didn't. Klaus. She didn't. Because of you, I've lost count of the amount of times you've been there for me,  and everyone you care about. Hell, everyone I care about. Why? Why do you do it," I asked. "Because what's important to you is important to me, and what makes you happy, makes me want to keep you so. What scared you, I want to tear apart. I do not wish to poison you or watch you from behind glass, Cameron," Klaus said. "What do you wish," I asked him.

His answer was evident when he leaned in and kissed me. His hand went to cup my face and mine went to his shoulder. Then he moved down to my waist while my hands remained at his shoulders. It was a sweet passionate kiss that ended with him kissing my cheek. We both chuckled. We went into his room and continued the kiss on his bed.

Klaus let my hair down from the ponytail it was in before to run his finger through as we made out. While one hand was running through my hair the other was pulling my waist towards him. One of his legs rested between mine creating friction under my skirt. Our bodies moved with the rhythm of the kiss until we stopped for air.

He rested his head on the pillow and he continued to run his hands through my hair. We stared into each other's eyes happily.

_____________

1010 words.