13: Novas alianças

novas alianças; new alliances.

_____________

Thanks to the newly found sibling Freya, Finn is no longer an issue. But that leaves Mikael and Dahlia. Mikael is a threat to Klaus but Dahlia is a threat to my family. Of course, Klaus thinks Freya is a threat also. Nevertheless, he has invited her here for a brunch to get information out of her.

To the next sister, Rebekah. The person that she has inhabited, Eva Sinclair, has a past of collecting children. Eva is trying to arise in Rebekah leaving them to fight for control over the body. As much as I would like to join those festivities, I would also like to spend time with my daughter. I was attempting to have her first words be Cara de bunda which is butt face in Portuguese.

Other mothers would like their child's first to be mama or dada but mine would butt face. My goal is to have her refer to Klaus as butt face. I'd get a kick out of his reaction to it. And besides the first words, I started doing a lot of magic around her. Cami mentioned that Hope basically saved the two of them from the house explosion with her magic. Maybe she'd pick some things up from me.

I had to be by her side now more than ever. Eva was also trying to get Hope. Everybody wants my baby but no one can have her. Which doomed me to house patrol with Carlos and some wolves watching over me. I had no problem with it, but Klaus and Jackson should know I can take care of myself and my baby.

...

I was walking with Hope in the quarter showing her the festivities of New Orleans. We stopped near a young lady playing the violin. She played a song for us and I repaid her with some money. As we continued walking she changed her tune. It was slow, it sounded like a warning. I looked back at her to see her staring at me then I continued walking.

Then we walked past a restaurant to see a guy writing something on the sign. "A promise made is a debt to be paid," it read. I looked around feeling paranoid than a guy suddenly appeared in front of me. "Flowers, Miss. A gift for the child," he requested, holding a single dahlia flower. "No, we're all right. Thank you," I said politely.

"Are you sure? Black dahlias are in bloom. They're quite lovely," he said. "Yes, it appears they are but I myself prefer white roses," I said then attempted to walk away but the man grabbed my arm. I looked at him and his eyes were white. Suddenly Klaus appeared and choked the man. "Show yourself, witch," Klaus said.

I turned around to Carlos hidden to protect me and his eyes were the same. "I am here. I am everywhere. And I intend to take what is mine," Carlos said in a trance. He blinked as it went away. "It's her," Klaus said. "Damn, she's strong," Carlos cursed, holding his head. "Dahlia," Klaus said.

When we got home I put Hope to sleep so that I could discuss Dahlia with the grown-ups. "We need to find a new strategy. Freya, if you'd please," Elijah said as Freya poured some tea and Klaus paced the room behind me.

"This spell you described. Dahlia calls it kenning. Using proxies to watch her enemies from afar. But I've never seen it done on quite this scale," Freya said. "Awesome. So basically every hurricane-chugging-boob-flashing tourist on Bourbon street is a potential spy," Carlos said sarcastically. "The good news is I know a little bit about how her magic works. This will at least prevent her from using any of us," Freya explained.

Rebekah was the first to grab a teacup. "Well, come on. Should work like a charm. Bottoms up," Rebekah said while everyone else except for Klaus grabbed a cup. Elijah tried to hand Klaus a cup. "Niklaus, is there something you wish to contribute," Elijah asked. "I prefer biscuits with my tea. Besides, our minds are far too strong to be invaded by kenning spells. No, what we experienced was a test. Dahlia's watching to see how we respond to aggression. She's preparing for battle. My guess is sooner rather than later," Klaus said.