20: Aurora

_____________

"So, I came downstairs to get some food to feed Hope then I just so happened to find this body. I swear it wasn't me. I-- I actually don't know. Oh, but there's a note," I shrugged. There was a dead woman on top of a neat pile of one specific flower. She had a note on her body but I didn't think that far.

Klaus picked up the note, read it, and then handed it to Elijah. "Roses are red, lavender is blue, come find me before I find you," Elijah read. "I remember her as a better poet," Klaus said, rereading the note. "Who," I asked. "Oh, I wouldn't say it was a lack of poetry," Elijah said, checking out the body. "She wants us to find her. So let's," Klaus said walking away.

"Are you so eager, Niklaus? Last time you even said her name was 1,000 years ago when you told  me never to speak in your presence," Elijah said. "I do hope we are talking about me," I said but they ignored me again. "So I am to wait as she leaves her little calling cards all over my home," Klaus asked. "There's something that you should know. When Mother seized control of my mind, unleashing those monstrosities that lurk behind the Red Door, I saw something. Aurora was there," Elijah said.

Aurora. Seems familiar.

"If you mean to confess a thousand-year-old secret that will divide us after our hard-won reconciliation, then the absolvo, brother. There is nothing you could have done involving her that would be worse than what she did to me," Klaus said. I walked away from the conversation to go back to Hope.

"Hey, little princesa. Momma is being ignored by Uncle Elijah and cabeçada of a father," I smiled at her. She cooed and waddled towards me. "Cute."

"How about you go to your Uncle Carlos while I stalk the cabeçada? Sounds good, doesn't it? If it makes you feel any better, I'll come back and spill the coffee," I said but she wasn't paying attention to me.

I left Hope with Carlos and tracked Klaus down by scent. Nowadays I can smell anything from anywhere. He was in this little shop. I couldn't go in to get a better look because he would've heard or smelt me coming. So I remained outside and I listened in.

"You came all this way to protect Rebekah. Bit of a wasted trip, really. Your sire has moved on to greener pastures," I heard Klaus say. "My fate is bound to hers. I should be allowed to protect her," the girl known as Aurora said. "You needn't concern yourself with Rebekah. Besides, I doubt she'd make the same mistake twice," Klaus said.

"The first mistake being..."

"Ever trust you."

"Your sister smelled of wild berries. It was intoxicating. And the night smelled of lavender. I could see the garden from above. The last thing I remember as a human was that scent, which clung to me all the way down," Aurora said remembering the night she turned. This bitch is crazy. She jumped off a cliff.

To be honest, if I knew I'd come back to life, I'd try every meconium in the book to kill myself. Just for observation and study.

"You can always catch an insect with the smell of a flower. But it's the smell of blood that draws a carnivore," Aurora said. I could smell the blood she must've cut herself on something. She's trying to seduce him. "And what draws a snake," Klaus said back.

"How you loathe me. So certain I've come to do you harm. Yet, as I recall, we did plenty of harm to each other. And if I'm not mistaken we both rather liked it. Didn't we? Do you remember what that first time felt like? To be with someone who's every bit as powerful, as tormented, and as cursed as you," Aurora said.

"Yes."

"Look me in the eye and tell me that you haven't thought about what we had every day for the last thousand years. You want to know why I have come? Because after 1,000 years of trying to erase your touch,  your smell, the taste of your lips... I am here for you. For this..."

I let out a ground-shaking growl which only meant one thing to those who were werewolves. "Mine."

I harshly whispered an incantation into my fist doing hand movements that caused Klaus to begin coughing up the blood inside. Then I made his skin boil from the inside out. A little something I learned from Davina. Anger served as a power source because otherwise, I wouldn't be able to do this.

Klaus stumbled out of the tiny store, blood over his mouth and clothes. He caught my eyes and looked guilty but angrier. I smirked and walked away, disappearing into the crowd. 

...

I felt a sudden force hit my back and head. Another was holding my throat. I grimaced at the pain and looked my assaulter right in the eyes. "Back from one woman and onto the next, player," I smirked. Klaus's strength on my neck dimmed so I took the opportunity to slowly peel his hand off of my neck.

He growled as he saw me slide right past him like he was nothing. "How dare you--"

"No! How dare you. Gawd, if it weren't for Hope I would've killed your ass. I'm so fucking tired of you and your games. They never stop. Cold one moment, hot the next. I wish I never met you. Maybe then I wouldn't have all this baggage. But then I wouldn't have Hope so, ya lose some, you gain some."

"Ya know you should count yourself lucky. In 1,000 years no one has talked to me that way and lived."

"Yes, Niklaus. Kill me. Then maybe you'll really understand the meaning of that silly prophecy. Family, friend, and foe. It's just a matter of time until Elijah kills you. Hayley will come after you too. Then it's just a coin flip on who the foe is," I said. In the blink of an eye, he had me against the wall choking me again.

"Is that your only trick in the book? We both know you won't kill me," I smiled. "Ugh. You are the more infuriating woman I know," Klaus grunted. "But I'm not the only woman, am I," I laughed to myself. "There's the door," I said. "There's the door, bitch!"

I might have gone overboard.

_____________

Surprise chapter. I graduated today from the 8th grade.

1080 words