Chapter 11

Hiah's POV

I groaned as I woke up, feeling my head aching. But this kind of ache wasn't the same as yesterday at school, it was rather normal whenever I wake up after having nap.

I almost jumped out off of my bed, but stopped when I  suddenly recalled what happened before I slept earlier. Remembering Joshua seeing me like that, crouching on the ground, looking so pathetic, I couldn't help but feel ashamed and embarassed.

But mainly, I was thankful to him for helping me when I was too drained out to do even the slightest thing.

I remembered him ascending the stairs with me, to helping me get in bed. I admit, it tickled one part of my heart, but that's it, nothing more.

I wanted to thank him atleast, but I couldn't quite remember why I couldn't, and all I could recall was I failed to see him get out of my room, because I probably already drifted off to sleep.

Why did this day even end up like that?

Why do I even have to be like that.

I got off my bed and went outside of my room, before going down stairs.

I couldn't look at the time earlier so I had no idea what time it was, but I was guessing that it was actually quite late, judging how dark it was outside and all the lights were shut off.

With the faint light coming from the window, I went to the kitchen. I travelled my fingers on the wall and easily found the light's switch, I mean it's my house, I should know.

I turned it on but I was a bit surprised when I saw the kitchen clean; the things I brought out of the fridge weren't on the counter anymore, and when my eyes went downcast, the broken glasses weren't there as well.

Still trying to recall why and how this all happened, out of a sudden, the light at the living room turned on. I tend my attention there and unexpectedly saw my Mom, already on her night wear.

"Hiah? You're awake?", She started to walk to the kitchen, closer to where was I.

Is it really late?

"Yes...but Mom.", She looked at me expectant. "When you got home, did you see any broken glasses here?", I pointed the floor. She looked a bit confused, but eventually her face softened.

"Joshua told me what happened.", I frozed on my spot after hearing what my Mom said, and that being related to Joshua.

I didn't want my Mom nor my Dad to know what was happening, and letting them know and worry would be the last thing that I want to happen.

But it seems like Mom already knows. Might atleast just get over this and not make them go through the same thing again.

"When we got home, Joshua was sitting there at the living room, spacing out, and when he saw us, he told me and your Dad what happened."

My parents comes home at five in the afternoon, and it was around nine in the morning when that accident happened. If that's the case, did he sit and wait there at the living room for more than eight hours? Practically doing nothing?

Now I feel guilty.

"Then...?", I asked.

"He bid goodbye just after he told us, and did you say there were broken glasses?", I nodded. "I think he cleaned up everything."

"Oh...", I looked down and bit the inside of my lower lip. He's my friend but why do I feel so guilty towards him after hearing all that he did?

"Are you alright?", I looked at my Mom again, and was welcomed by her worried look. "Should we meet Dr. Lopez?"