Chapter 50: the sleepover

George POV.

I reached the door and knocked, expecting Darryl to answer. The sound of tiny energetic barks sounded from inside the house, then a few moments later the door opened.

Once Zak laid his eyes on us he furrowed his eyebrows in a mix of confusion and anger, "what the fuck are you guys doing here?"
I sent the ravenette a glare the second I saw him, but before we could respond Darryl appeared behind him and ran up to hug me. "George it's so good to see you!"
His eyes brushed up to look at Clay, "it's good to see you too Clay."

We both gave a nod and smile in response before Darryl turned to 'introduce' us to Zak. "This is my friend Zak, he's in the same class as us." He explained before turning to the taller boy behind him, "Zak these are George and Clay."
"It's uh- nice to meet you." Zak said as he extended his hand for us to shake, the 3 of us all shot daggers at eachother which Darryl didn't see.

The 3 of us broke eye contact when we saw a small white dog run out and Yao excitedly at us, "Oh and that's my dog, we call her Rat." Darryl explained as the dog weaved between our legs. She then ran over to Zak and allowed him to pick her up.
Darryl smiled at the way the excited dog as the ravenette held her close to his chest and she licked his face adoringly.

Then he let us into the house, adjusting his glasses as he went. He lead Clay and I into a large guest bedroom with 2 double beds. "This is where you'll both be staying tonight." Darryl explained as he held the door open and we laid our stuff out on one bed each, "sadly there aren't enough beds for all three of you but Zak offered to sleep on the couch instead. Isn't he great?"
Clay made an 'uh-huh' sound as he pulled out his phone charger from his bag and plugged it into an outlet along the wall.

After a few minutes we turned back to the door to find Darryl gone and headed out to the living room where we saw Zak on his phone on one of the two couches with Rat curled up asleep on his lap.
Clay and I just sat on the other, watching the ravenette intently as he texted someone on his phone.

The blond and I made brief eye contact, trying to decide what to do before somehow agreeing without passing a word between us. We stood in unison and walked over to stand in front of Zak, both towering over him silently until he noticed us and looked up.
"What the fuck do you both want?" He asked with an eyebrow raised, his hand ghosting over the sleeping dogs back gently.

"I don't know what the hell you're planning Zak but do anything to Darryl and I swear to god you'll wish you were fucking dead." I growled, balling up my fist and getting ready to take a swing at the ravenette.
Clay rested his hand in my chest to stop me as I glared at Zak who had a smirk plastered on his face.

The ravenette looked up at me with a cocky expression "Why, what'll you do if I-"
"Zaaakkkkk-!" We heard Darryl calling from the kitchen, "can you come help me get these muffins out of the oven?" He asked.
"Of course Darryl." Zak stood up and pushed past us, heading into the kitchen to help Darryl.

Clay and I followed a few minutes later and saw Zak standing extremely close to Darryl as the pair iced the blueberry, chocolate muffins (they were actually cupcakes but we all know BadBoyHalo prefers the word muffin) with blue and red icing.
I was about to run over there and push Zak away from my friend but Clay stopped me before I could take a step. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and held me against him, "let go." I growled, wanting desperately to go punch the ravenette.
"Georgie calm down, Darryl seems perfectly fine." Clay replied, not loosening his grip on me.

"Would you have just stood here if that was me instead of Darryl?" I asked, hoping this way I could get to him and he'd let me go.
"Well if that were you I'd say you seem perfectly fine."
"Stop lying pillow."
We both turned back to look at the pair again where Darryl was laughing at a joke Zak had made. "What if Zak had a gun?" I asked, sending a sly smirk over to Clay.
"Zak is 17, and doesn't look like a going to murder someone while decorating baking kind of guy."
"Fine." I grumbled.

We watched in silence as they finished then Darryl asked if we wanted to play Minecraft. Both Clay and I agreed instantaneously and Zak just gave a nod. He lead us too the lounge and grabbed four controllers for his PlayStation (or Xbox if you prefer) then we all sat down with Clay and I on one couch and Zak and Darryl on the other.
"Should we do a 2v2 PvP?" Zak suggested.
"Oh yes Skeppy!" Darryl replied excitedly.

Clay and I were confused about the nicknames but it made more sense when we saw Zak's skin was a diamond block with a face called Skeppy.
Either way we agreed and kept playing 2v2's until the doorbell rang.

At the sudden noise Rat started yapping again, darting off of the couch and down the hallway letting out barks at whoever was standing outside.
"Oh my goodness Rat calm down its just the pizza I ordered." Darryl said as he and headed down the hall with Zak behind close him. The small dog was scooped into his arms before being passed to the ravenette.

Darryl welcomed the delivery boy who passed us him a stack of 5 pizza's before getting passed some cash and leaving. "I didn't know what pizza everyone liked," Darryl confessed with an embarrassed look on his face (it was a cute personality trait of his how he thought it was his responsibility to know that. "So I just got a few, with Zak helping me to choose some flavours of course."

All four of us headed into the living room and Darryl laid the 5 boxes down on a coffee table.
Opening the boxes revealed a Hawaiian pizza, a Meat lovers pizza, a Pepperoni pizza, a Margherita pizza and a BBQ chicken pizza.
We all took a slice or two each and sat down on the 2 couches, in the same spots as earlier.

"Why don't we watch a movie?" Darryl suggested as he opened Netflix the TV, "then we can eat the muffins afterwards."
The group nodded in agreement as Darryl let Zak choose a movie. He and Clay decided together to watch Pet Sematary, I sat quietly and so did Darryl, but fear was visible in his eyes.

The film was quite scary, both me and Darryl began leaning into the people beside us out of fear. The psychotic pillow and Zak both seemed to enjoy it though (and both seemed to enjoy the fact we were so close to them).

Soon it finished and I could see Darryl shaking against Zak, not that my reaction was any different. "You two have lost movie choosing rights." I said to the taller pair of boys as Darryl grabbed the remote.
He put on a much safer movie, a DreamWorks one that would easily be a lot less scary. However, his position from cuddling against Zak didn't change. And neither did mine.

While leaning against the blond I felt my eyes start to droop before eventually falling asleep with my head resting on his shoulder.
_________________________________________
1316 words.