Chapter Thirteen: New Creatures

CAITLIN PAIGE

We stood silently in front of our Dean while she was rummaging through the pile of papers on her desk. She shot a glance at us, pushed back her glasses to see us clearly, then nod her head to the direction of the chairs. "Take your seats."

Nagkatinginan muna kami saka kami umupong walo.

The Dean then sighed after some seconds, held her hands together, and looked at us. "As for your punishment, you will be cleaning our gymnasium after your last class for three days."

What? Cleaning? Me? My nails are so not prepared for this. Pero gusto ko mang magreklamo ay hindi ko na lang din ginawa. Red clicked his tongue, paniguradong ayaw din nito sa narinig. Nakita ko naman ang mabilis ma paglingon sa kaniya nina Blade at Lex na para bang gusto itong pagsabihan.

Napatingin ako sa kamay ko nang may pasimpleng inabot si Blade sa'kin. Isang panyo.

Nagtataka ko siyang nilingon, pero deretso lang ang tingin nito. "What? That's not mine," mahina kong saad. Bumaba ang tingin nito sa'kin, sunod naman niyang tiningnan ang pisngi ko. And as if on cue, muli kong naramdaman ang pagkirot ng manipis na hiwa ro'n. Tinanggap ko ang panyo at agad nilapat iyon sa sugat na natamo ko. "Thank you," bulong ko pero parang wala itong narinig at deretso na ulit ang tingin sa harap.

"Also..." Mabilis kaming napalingon sa direksyon ng Dean nang magsalita itong muli. She took a paper from her desk and with her squinted eyes, she read it. She once again pushed her glasses, cleared her throat then continued, "Some of our Warriors reported back to the castle about uhmmm... their bizarre sighting." She put down the paper to look at us.

"What sighting?" Blade asked.

Napabuga ng hangin ang Dean bago sumagot, "They saw lots of fairies outside our Kingdom and some foxes too. Nine-tailed foxes."

May iilan sa'ming napasinghap sa narinig. We never had fairies, and nine-tailed foxes have never existed before in Majestique. They were myths, stories, tales.

"Sigurado ho ba sila sa nakita nila?" tanong ni Shannon.

"Yes. We are investigating where did these creatures come from and if they are harmless before we tell the people about them. But it's better if the Aurorials are aware about this news first." She took off her glasses then massaged her temple. "So far, they appear tamed and harmless."