last chapter

~Sapphire's Point of View~

I squint from the glaring light emerging from the window, the barrier of curtains pointless by now. Once my eyes adjust, I begin to absorb my surroundings and the sleeping boy beside me. His aroma captivates my olfaction, which is subtle, but I find comforting nonetheless. His arm is loosely positioned around my waist while the other rests behind his head. Even with this absence of pressure contacting my body, his embrace is enough to set fire against my skin. His blonde hair is matted down, as it is every morning, building the usual urge within me to run my fingers through it. His lids conceal those orbs of light blue that could put me in a trance every time they gaze into mine.

~

I rest my finger onto the button, process of focusing the image taking longer than usual. Just as the image clears, I'm met by an abrupt impact, camera escaping the grip of my hand from the shock.

"Woah!" Another hand comes into vision and relief immediately washes over me as the device is caught.

"Sorry about that." Definitely not an American accent.

"Here's your camera."

~

I then trail down to a feature some might look over, but to me, it's still a little something that adds up to the various things I find absolutely adorable about him. His nose. The number of times that little thing has nudged my cheek, as well as my neck, as a sign of tenderness can't be tallied. Now don't even get me started on those soft pink lips of his; another attribute that could put me in a half-conscious state when they are pressed up against mine.

I lay my head back onto his chest and begin playing around with the hem of his shirt. After a few minutes, I could feel my eyelids start to get weary. His steady breathing only encouraging my tiredness further....

The following week...

Ring! Ring! Ring! (Well, the *Opening* ringtone)

I jolt awake, a hand going straight to my temple, forgetting Niall was still asleep beside me. I quickly reach for my phone on the bedside table and pull the covers off my body. I head towards the bathroom door, almost tripping over my own feet, and close it behind me. Who is calling at-12pm?! Woah, we slept in. I look down at my phone and see Minne's face flashing across the screen. I don't even have a chance to greet her before I'm immediately met by her voice.

"Sappy! Mind shopping with your best friend today?" I hear Minne say in a perky tone.

"Oh. I...was kind of...hoping to spend the day with Niall." I bite my lip and begin to fidget with my feet, hoping I didn't disappoint her. There's a pause of silence, but I could hear rustling on the other end of the line.

"Hello? Minne?"

"Isn't he here for a week or so?" Minne speaks up after a few moments.

"Well, not really.... He's going to spend half of his break visiting family and friends, so I just thought I would dedicate today to just hang out with him. I'm really sorry Min, maybe tomorrow is alri-" I stop short, a sudden knock from the other side of the door catching my attention.

"Saph?" I hear Niall's muffled voice call out from the other side.

"Yeah?" I call out, opening the door to reveal the disheveled Irish boy. Despite this untidiness, he still looks absolutely break-taking.

"I just got a message from the boys, apparently we're going to be meeting up at the studio today. I'm really sorry, Saph." I can see the sincerity in his eyes as Niall embraces me into a hug. I follow through and wrap my arms him as well, softly burying my head in between the crook of his neck.

"I was really looking forward to spending the day together. Later though, I'm all yours." Niall says, placing a fond kiss onto my head.