𝟸𝟺𝚝𝚑 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

Makki pov

Yesterday, Mattsun and I met again. We went to a cinema and watched one of those romance movies. We both laughed a lot because of the obliviousness of those people. It was quite funny to see the mutual pining and how they didn't see that the other returned their feelings.

On the other hand, I couldn't blame them. Mattsun told me that he realized he wasn't straight and was unusually clingy, so it was reasonable to assume that he might like me. Yet, I was scared. Maybe he just got comfortable around me and didn't actually like me. Friends could cuddle, flirt with each other and be clingy. In general, the line between platonic and romantic feelings was slim. So many things have been romanticized that you could hardly tell in which way something was meant.

I couldn't ask him because that would be weird but I had no clue what else to do. When I asked Toru he told me that I should drop hints as well so Mattsun would confess because I was 'too much of a chicken to' how Toru said and I did exactly that.

Whenever Mattsun flirted with me, I flirted back and if he wanted to cuddle with me a little longer than usuals, I didn't mind and gladly hugged him back. It was a nice feeling when someone you loved held you in their arms and you knew that they would never let anyone hurt you. I just wished that he returned my feelings. It was likely he did but I didn't want to risk what we had. But it couldn't stay like this forever. I needed to confess one day.

And that day would be in one and a half weeks. It would be the day on which Mattsun and I switched bodies. I've always been in love with the idea of people confessing exactly one month, year or even decade after something special happened that was the reason they fell in love. Toru said that stuff like that was weird but I didn't care. If I wanted to confess, I would do it on this exact day and if I would chicken out, I also had the day we switched back and the day we first met. Everything would be fine, I just needed to make sure that he understood what I meant.

I always had problems telling other people what exactly I meant. I often expressed myself weird so people never understood what I meant. Luckily, Mattsun mostly did so that would hopefully not be a problem but I was overthinking, again.

What would happen if he rejected me? Would we still be friends or would we break apart? Would he hate me? Would he leave me like everybody did before? Would I break apart again? Was this the future I had if I confessed because if, I didn't want to ever confess.