Chapter XXXI (Bonus chapter)

(All chapters after this one and itself are going to be going over how the survivors got to where they met Delilah. Starting with the first group of survivors. I will be telling this from Bill's perspective. They will have melees in this.)

Bill's pov

I ran up onto the top of an apartment building with three other survivors to try and get help. "Let's make an s.o.s sign to try to get help." The biker dude said. "That's a great idea captain obvious." The girl said. "We don't even know each other." The business man said.

"True, alright I'll start with the introductions. My name is Bill. I'm a retired war get from the Vetinam war." I said after we wrote the s.o.s sign. The biker dude grunted. Seems like he doesn't like military personnel. "My name is Louis." The business man said.

"Guess I'm next, my name's Zoey." The college girl said. I'm guessing she's in college since she looks young enough. "My name is Francis." The biker man said. "Well now that we know everyone's name let's try to single someone for help." I said.

"To anyone who can hear this, proceed to Mercy Hospital for evacuation. Repeat, proceed to Mercy Hospital for evacuation." A pilot in a news chopper said as he flew by. "We can take the subway tunnels to the hospital." "I hate subways." Francis said in response.

"Keep complaining bud." I said with a joking tone. "Ha, ha." Francis responded. Zoey looked at me. "I think it's a great idea that we head to the subway. Let's take some weapons." She said with a small smile. I nodded and grabbed an SMG and a crowbar.

"Why did you grab a crowbar?" Louis asked. "In case they get to close. Or to save ammo." I said heading to the door we just came through not to long ago. "Let's go." I said. They followed me after they grabbed their weapons and we headed down the building. When we got to the alleyway I saw a dead body of an infected.

I touched the green slime and rubbed a bit of it between two fingers. "Probably not a good idea to touch it." Francis said. I stood up and rubbed what I had on my hand on his leather jacket. "They're changing." I said. "God dammit Bill." Francis said wiping his jacket.

"Let's move." I said, then I heard crying in the room beside us. "Someone's still alive." Zoey said. I slowly opened the door and crouched down. Zoey did to and followed me. "Over there." I whispered. She slowly walked in with her light on after I walked in.

"Hello? Hello?" Zoey asked as we walked around. "Hey we're gonna-" "Lights off." I whispered yelled to her point her gun down. The woman in front of us wasn't a human. She was an infected. "Shit, shit! They're coming!" Louis said shinning his light onto the woman.

"Run like hell!!" Zoey yelled as me and her ran out of the room, followed by the angry infected. Once we got out Louis shout the door in the infecteds face. She broke through the door trying to get to him. He gunned her arm down. Zoey, Francis and I were shooting the infected when I got grabbed by something and pulled into the air. "Oh noooo!!" I said.

Francis shot the infected that held me and helped me up. Then Zoey threw a pipe bomb and after it blew up, we ran through the alley way pass a car and to the street. Then we turned right and then another right after walking a bit down the street. "There's the station!" I said as we walked towards the station.

Once we got into the saferoom, I closed the door. "Killer." Zoey said when I did. I don't know why she did though. "We need to give names to those infected. Let's call them special infected." I said. Everyone seemed to agree with me.

We're safe... For now.