7 • Remember

Kara slowly opened her eyes and was immediately blinded by a light above her head. She moved her hand in front of her eyes and started to sit up but winced in pain. She looked down at her side and saw that her cut had been bandaged up.

She looked around and found herself in some sort of cell. Kara then heard the door open, look up and saw the man from before walk in and stand in-front of the cell.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. Kara looked up at him as she rested her back against the wall. "Do you not remember any of this? Do you not remember me?" Kara averted her gaze away from him and said nothing.

"Please Kara, that has to be something you remember, something you recognise, something you know." He pleaded.

Kara still said nothing.

"You said my name on the ship, do you remember me?"
Kara looked at him. "I don't know why but... yes I recognised you. I don't know why it's only you I know."
"How do you know me? What do you remember?"

Kara sighed. "I-I had this dream, I was walking down this path and you were there waiting for me. You knew my name, then I heard myself call you Mon. I have no idea how I knew who you were, I didn't even think you were a real person until I saw you standing in front of me in the ship." Kara had a despondent look on her face.

"How do I know that you really know who I am? How can I trust you?" She asked.

Mon pulled out a small rectangular object from his pocket and slipped it though the food hatch into the cell. Kara stood up to grab it and winced slight in pain. "You ok?" He asked.
"Yes, it will just take sometime to... heal." Kara had stoped talking as she stared down at the photo. It showed Kara in her Valor suit standing next to Mon in his.
"It was taken after our first 'superhero' mission, we'd just stopped a bank robbery, it was taken upstairs in the main hall of the DEO." He explained
"DEO?"
"Department of Extranormal Operations, it's who we work... worked with to help protect earth."

"You sure have changed since this photo, the beard suits you." Said Kara. Mon smiled.
"I'm glad you like it, you short hair suits you as well."

Kara stared down at the photo, she reached up and traced the scar along the side of her head. "You got cut during the robbery, that photo was taken just after Alex, my adopted sister, bandaged the cut. It left a scar, which you still have, obviously."
"So you really do know me... what happened to me?" Kara softly asked.

"You died, or we thought you did."
"What do you mean I died? How did I 'die'?"
"You scarified yourself to save the city by flying a bomb into space, the ship exploded and we thought you went along with it, but obviously not."
"I don't know how I survived, how long ago was it?"
"3 months."
"It was 3 months ago?"

"Yes, you'd been here for just over a year and because you're an alien, you have powers and decided to help me since I have been on this planet for most of my life."
"Wait, do you know where am I from?"  Kara asked. Mon-el smirked slightly, remembering the first time he'd had this conversation.
"You from Daxam, a neighbouring planet to Krypton, where I'm from-"
"Wait? Daxam? But I thought-"

Alarms started to go off.

"What does that mean?"
"We're being attacked." Mon replied. The building shook slightly.
"I know you probably can't, but let me out, I can help I promise." Pleaded Kara.

Mon looked over at her, unsure. The building shook again. "Ok, but stick near me so I can keep an eye on you."
"Deal."

He walked over and unlocked the door. Before Kara could step out, someone broke though the side wall and grabbed Mon slamming him against the opposite wall.

"What do you want with her?!" Shouted the man holding Mon against the wall. He was wearing a green and black hero suit with a green mask, with dark skin and light brown hair.

Kara ran over and shoved the man off Mon. "Daniel stop! I'm fine ok? They know who I am!"