17 • Something is wrong

TW: Violent argument and abuse

"Hey Kara can we talk?" Asked Thom standing in the doorway of his and Kara's room in the Legion ship.
"Yeah sure." She said looking up from her book she was reading sitting cross-legged on their bed.

"I just thought as no one else was here, it would be a good change for us to talk without being disrupted." He walked towards her. "What are you reading?"
"Romeo and Juliet, Mon-el lent it to me."
"Mon-el lent it to you?"
"Yeah, what about it?"
"Nothing don't wor-" Thom saw something fall out of the back of the book. He picked it up. "Kara what is this?" He showed her. It was the photos of Kara and Mon-el from the arcade, the bottom one with Kara and Mon-el kissing.

She stood in front of him. "Apparently me and Mon-el dated when I was here."
"What?! Why didn't you tell me?! When did you find out?"
"Awhile ago, I was going to tell you but you were annoyed at Mon-el for me getting hurt and I didn't want to upset you further."

"I was going to apologise for what happened at Themiscyra but it turns out you've been lying to me this whole time!"
"I never lied to you, I just never said anything-"
"You're a liar Kara! I thought we were suppose to be honest with each other. I knew there was something going on with you and Mon-el."
"What? Nothing is going on between us!"
"Really? Then why did you kiss him?"
"Kiss him? What are you on about? I never kissed him!"
"You kissed him on the balcony at his apartment!"
"What?! We never kissed!"

Thom punched Kara in the face causing her to fall to the ground. "You are a liar Kara. You're a cheater."

"Thom.. what are you doing?" Asked Kara, half confused and dazed.

He stood on her arm. "You're weak."
"Please.. don't..." Kara whispered. Thom crouched down in front of her.
"No, you deserve this Kara." He spat and kicked her in the stomach. Kara screamed out in pain.
"Something is wrong." Kara muttered. She groaned in pain. "Thom help me.. please.. somethi-"
"This is your fault Kara, everything that will happen from now on is your fault." He kicked her head.

Her vision started to fade as she watched him leave and lock the door behind him, before passing out.

________

Kara slowly opened her eyes and witnessed the door being broken down. Outlines of people racing over to her before she lost consciences again.