23 • It's all going to be ok

Kara was frantically searching the chaos of battle for him.

Where was he?

That was when she spotted him laying on the floor.

"No!" She said as she raced over to his side.

"Mon? No, please." She tried to find a heartbeat.

Kara held Mon-el, slowly rocking back and forth. "Please, no, please come back to me Mon."

Kara heard a soft whisper, but it was too quiet for her to grasp what was said. It repeated itself, this time a little louder. "Kara, you ok?" A gentle voice whispered. She couldn't pinpoint were it was coming from, she looked down at Mon-el, his lifeless body still limp in her arms.

"Kara, wake up, please." This time it was louder than a whisper. Her breathing slowed down, she relaxed and closed her eyes.

Kara's world faded away.

______

Kara jolted upright, only to be held back by her chains.

"Kara?"

She look up and saw Mon chained up opposite her. A sob escaped her lips. "Thank Rao, I was worried, what was your dream about? You ok?"
"I'm ok, I relived a hallucination Lady Styx inflicted on me with the Father Box." She explained. "You.. you died." Mon-el froze for a moment.
"I'm here, I'm alive. And I wish I could kiss you right now." She smiled.
"I love you." He smiled back, that was all the response she needed.  Kara looked towards the door. "We're strong, we will get out of this."
"And save the world?"
"Oh of course, the world always needs saving." Laughed Kara.

All at once the ground shook underneath them and alarms started going off outside their cell. Then the door was ripped off its hinges. John, Alura and Zor-el rushed in and helped the pair out of their restraints. "Mum? Dad? What are you doing here?"
"After you got kidnapped, we came to earth with the Harun-el and helped your friends make a weapon to use against Lady Styx, Alex has it." Explained Zor-el.
"I'll explain on the way but we need to stop her as soon as possible." Sais Mon-el.

__________

"Thea! Put the box down before this has to get messy!" Shouted Daniel. The legion, Superfriends and Mon-el's parents all stood in front of Lady Styx, in the main hub of her base. Thom was no where to be seen.
"They told you? I'm honestly surprised you never figured out who I was, but then again you Legion were never that smart." She summoned the box to her hands. "Not that any of that will matter soon."

In a flash a spear appeared in Alex's hand and she threw in at Lady Styx. She began to twist sideways to dodged that attack, but in that process she moved the father box right in line of the spear. The objects both shattered on impact with each other.

"NO!" Lady Styx screamed. She snapped round and glared at Alex. "You are all dead! GET THEM!" Darkstars descended upon the group. Chaos erupted in the room, the group was simply outnumbered.

Lady Styx made for Alex, Kara spotted what she was doing and tackled her to the ground. "Why does it have to be you who always ruins my plans?" She spat, shoving Kara off her.
"I will always fight you, I will always stop you!"
"I wouldn't count on it!" She lunged at Kara.

Everything slowed down as Kara noticed the green dagger in Lady Styx's hand. Then the blur of Thom diving in front of Kara, something in his hand. Simultaneously, Lady Styx's blade stabbed Thom, as he stabbed her with what was in his hand. Everything then sped up and Thom collapsed, Kara rushed forward. Everything around them slowed to a halt, the fighting ceased as Lady Styx fell to the ground, her life, her power fading, including her creations, the Darkstars.

He had taken the blade meant for her.

"Thom, talk to me, are you ok? What did you do?"
"It was a piece of the shattered spear, I told you I would stop her."
"Not this way.."
"It's ok Kara, it's all going to be ok." He said softly.
"Thank you." She whispered, tears falling down her cheeks.  He looked up into her eyes, so much emotion was flowing out of them as everything else around him disappeared. They were the last things he saw.

_____

There will be one more chapter out tomorrow