Heart to heart

*Important: This is sad one and isn't strictly SamBucky*

"Hey Sam, the pizza's here."

"Okay."

Bucky waited for Sam to come out of his room. Sam would come over often that the one guestroom his apartment had, literally belonged to Sam.

Bucky was leaving for Wakanda the next day. He loved living near the Wilsons, but he was starting to miss the beautiful place he called home during his most peaceful years. He needed to see Shuri and Ayo. He'd come to see them as his sisters and Shuri was threatening to electrocute him if he didn't visit her soon. Bucky chuckled to himself. He loved that kid. She had spent days cooped up in a lab trying to figure out how to unfuck Bucky's brain and Ayo was one of the few people who didn't hesitate to risk her life to help a foreigner that she didn't know.

Bucky couldn't just forget their kindness.

It had been 10 minutes since Bucky called Sam. He had already plated their food. It was getting cold. Normally, he'd just start eating without waiting for Sam, whenever he was over. But it was his last night here and he didn't know how long he'd be gone for, that's why he asked Sam to come over in the first place. Bucky had started to freelance for the government so he'd saved up some money and didn't really have a job to hurry back to.

Annoyed he decided to go to Sam's room.

"Sam, come on. The pizza's getting cold."

"You eat, I'll eat later."

Hearing Sam's voice felt like a stab to the heart. He had obviously been crying. Sam Wilson was crying.

Bucky pushed Sam's door. It was open, so he entered. Sam was facing away from the door.

"Sam, what happened."

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"No you're not. Sam, look at me. Sam. Sam, turn around. Samuel!"

"What?!"

Exasperated, Sam turned around. His eyes were bloodshot. He was trying to hide the hurt with his annoyed expression.

"Sam."

Bucky's soft voice was like salt on Sam's wound.

"What? Yeah, I'm a crybaby. Go ahead make fun of me."

"Why would I...Sam, what happened? Talk to me."

"I don't want to. Just leave me alone."

Bucky got up and left.

Of course he did. Sam had asked him to. Sam had been feeling sad for quite sometime. He'd been successful in hiding it by ignoring it. He never gave into his emotions and the one time he allowed himself to cry, Bucky had to suddenly want to eat together. The universe was always against him. All the fucking time.

"Hey."

Sam stopped glaring at his bed and gritting his teeth to look up. Bucky was standing there with pizza in two plates and the magnetic colour changing Octopus plushie on the shoulder of his metal arm.

Sam raised his eyebrow. Bucky put the plates on the coffee table near the bed and handed the plushie to Sam.

"Turn it to the happy greenside when you want to talk. Until then, I'm going to sit beside you. Okay? I am not leaving you alone, until I know for sure that you're okay."

Sam bit the inside of his cheek and nodded. He hadn't realised until then that Bucky actually getting up and leaving hurt his feelings. The fact that Bucky had only left to get food and Mr.Squishy made him feel somewhat happy.