Not until that moment

(SamBucky go to a club)

Being an Avenger was tiring. Especially for Sam and Bucky. People always recognised Sam, and a few even recognised Bucky. They couldn't go to the grocery shop without someone recognising them and asking for an autograph. While Sam loved meeting people and giving them hope, he was starting to miss the normal unrecognised life.

"Man, I just want to go out and have a few drinks and just be wasted." Sam grumbled.

Bucky shrugged," Then let's go get some drinks."

"Yeah, and then tomorrow's headlines would be, 'Captain America found drunk in the local bar, is this who we place our trust in? Or something similar."

"Ask Sharon for that face morphing device. Then get wasted."

Bucky replied while drinking his fifth beer of the night.

"Man, you aren't even tipsy."

"I can't get drunk. I'm a supersoldier, Sam."

"So you'll carry me back home if I get wasted?"

"No."

"Asshole."

Bucky ignores Sam as he watches some sci-fi movie on the television. Sam eyed the unopened beer bottle near Bucky and then looks away.

"You know that I sleep on the couch, right? You don't have to drive home if you get drunk. Now stop looking at it and drink."

"I want to get drunk and dance and have sex, not pass out in your bed."

"Whatever floats your boat, pal."

Sam was laying on Bucky's recliner, that he forced him to buy, with his feet propped up against one of the handles. He wasn't interested in the sci-fi movies. Ever since he encountered actual aliens, supersoldiers and androids, those movies lost their charm for Sam.

"Why did you even come over, if you weren't going to drink and just mope around the house?"

"Cause Sarah kicked me out. She said I needed to go out for fun and I didn't know where else to go. I should have known, you of all people weren't going to be fun."

"I proposed at least 4 different ideas, you're the one who keeps saying no." Bucky glared at Sam.

"I'm not going to the park, we're not 5 and I can't even run now, it's 8pm. And none of the movies are interesting. I want to go drinking but I don't want to give people more reasons to hate me."

Bucky stood up from the floor and turned the TV off. Sam didn't realise it as he was busy glaring at the ceiling. He has never felt so bored in his entire life. For some reason he didn't even feel like excersising, and that was annoying him even more.

"Get up."

"What?"

"Get off the sofa, Wilson. We're going out drinking."

Sam sat up and glared at Bucky, "You know I can't."

"We'll go to one of the nightclubs. It'll be dark. And if you start acting stupid, I'll knock you out and carry you back, okay? Now get off your ass."

"Only if you promise to be my wingman."

"Didn't you want to get wasted."

"I do, but I also wanna get laid. So maybe I won't drink that much."

Bucky shook his head, "Fine whatever. Now come on."

"Sweet."

As Bucky locked the door, Sam asked, "Can we take your motorcycle?"