Conversations and Socializing

(Continuation of the previous. Not strictly SamBucky)

Bucky was sure he'd die. Nebula had left. Wanda was looking at her feet. Steve refused to look at him. Clint looked at him sympathetically. Tony looked like he was enjoying this too much. Nat looked hurt. And the Bruce/Hulk guy looked pissed.

"Why Steve, Wanda?"

His voice sounded angrier.

Bucky reflexively moved in front of Wanda, standing protectively.

"It's cute you think you can take the Hulk." Tony said sarcastically.

"Don't you think you should do something, Iron Man.?" Bucky retorted.

"Oh, Wanda is more than capable of dealing with him." Tony shrugged.

Bucky turned to look at Nat. She was now staring into Steve's eyes. Great. Of all the times they could have this conversation, they're having it now.

Hulk moved his glare from Wanda to Bucky. As long as he wasn't attacking Steve or Natasha, Bucky was fine. He pulled his knives out and was ready.

"Cause Steve thought he knew everything about Bucky but apparently he didn't know about his relationship with Nat. That's why Wanda took Steve's name." A familiar voice answered the Hulk. It was Sam.

"Hulk doesn't like metal man." Hulk replied sounding annoyed and more Hulkish.

"He's talking about you, Buckaroo." Tony added helpfully.

"Nat, maybe you should save your ex. And Steve, your best friend's gonna die. Move your ass." Wanda hissed. Her voice seemed to break the pair out of whatever reverie they were in.

Immediately, the two of them situated themselves between the Hulk and Bucky. Steve stood in front of Bucky and Nat in front of the Hulk. She began to sing the lullaby.

"I'm not gonna shrink back to Bruce, Nat. We are the same. Hulk just started showing a little more. There's no point to this. Everyday there's something new to know about you."

Now Bucky felt annoyed. "She doesn't have to bring up her past just because she's dating you. And you didn't even know me."

"It's okay, I can deal with it, Barnes." Nat's voice was cold.

"What did I do now? Why are you mad?"

"I'm not. I always sound like this."

"No you, don't. Give that crap to someone else."

"Why? Because you know me? Because we worked together?"

"Well yeah. Look, I just figured you won't want to acknowledge that. Literally all of your friends hate me! And even Steve looks mad now, cause I didn't tell him."

"Then why didn't you?"

"Why didn't you?"

"Because you had an amnesia type of thing. You didn't even recognise me."

"Exactly. It took me a long time to recover. I saw you had your life together, I wasn't gonna screw it over."

Nat remained silent for a while then sighed. The guardians and the kids were partying. He wished he just dealt with the awkwardness of the green lady flirting with him and having a normal human guy who wasn't his century old best friend be mad at him.

"Steve?" Both the former assasins called out at the same time. He shrugged trying to hide the hurt, "Your life, your choices."

"That's code for I hate you bitches." Tony answered. He placed a hand on Steve's shoulder.